Old 19-02-2004, 09:16 PM
joe

Default Will Water Hyacinth Return?

On 2/19/04 10:27 AM, "stricks760" wrote:

Dang, you're telling me I may have been growing illegal stuff? That's not
the particular variety of 'stuff' that most people around here get in
trouble for growing!

I don't think water Hyacinth is illegal here. Mime comes back strong every
year (san diego, zone 24)

Joe

Old 19-02-2004, 09:22 PM
joe

Ooops, can't read.

Water lettuce is legal. Mine just dies and I get new.

Old 19-02-2004, 09:28 PM
Charles

On Thu, 19 Feb 2004 10:37:09 -0800, joe wrote:

Ooops, can't read.

Water lettuce is legal. Mine just dies and I get new.

There are some regulations, I can't find anything definitive.

There is some info at:

http://www.pondsplantsandmore.com/generic70.html

and there was a move a couple years to restrict/ban just about
anything that would grow in water.

I did find something where they were regulated as weeds and their
importation into the state was banned under certain conditions.
--

- Charles
-

Old 19-02-2004, 09:56 PM
Charles

On Thu, 19 Feb 2004 18:27:13 GMT, "stricks760"
wrote:

Got the water lettuce from California Koi Farms in Fallbrook, CA -- along
with my 6 Koi.

Dang, you're telling me I may have been growing illegal stuff? That's not
the particular variety of 'stuff' that most people around here get in
trouble for growing!

Not nearly as much fun either. At least that's what the big boys tell
me.

I forgot to mention that when it starts to warm up my plants usually
continue to deteriorate, but then come back after some time.

--

- Charles
-

Old 20-02-2004, 01:38 PM
BenignVanilla

"Charles" wrote in message
On Thu, 19 Feb 2004 10:37:09 -0800, joe wrote:

Ooops, can't read.

Water lettuce is legal. Mine just dies and I get new.

There are some regulations, I can't find anything definitive.

There is some info at:

http://www.pondsplantsandmore.com/generic70.html

and there was a move a couple years to restrict/ban just about
anything that would grow in water.

I did find something where they were regulated as weeds and their
importation into the state was banned under certain conditions.

Not sure about water lettuce, but I know Water Hyacinth is a control plant
in many areas. You can find information on those regulations here,
http://www.iheartmypond.com/topic.asp?aid=276.

BV.
www.iheartmypond.com