Old 12-03-2004, 04:41 PM
stricks760

Default Rouge frog

When you go to give him the boot, make sure he doesn't latch on & start
humping your leg!

wrote in message
om...
I've got a bit of a rouge frog.

I'ts spawning season for our frogs here in the north west of England.
And the ones that live in my pond have been doing what nature demands.

Sadly I found a dead frog at the bottom of the pond . Clealy a mating
casualty as the male frog was still clinging on to her! I felt sorry
for this chap so I got his lady out of the water gently removed him
and gave her a funeral.

Today 2 days later i find him locked on to one of my young Koi ! with
his front feet IN its gills. Naturally I quickly netted the fish and
got the frog off. The fish looked ok but I did let it back into the
water quickly . I might catch it again in a couple of days to check it
is OK.

The frog I've just set loose in the garden again though if I find him
locked onto a fish again I think I will give him the boot ( not sure
where to though)

Dave

Old 16-03-2004, 04:44 AM
~ jan JJsPond.us

I've now got two croaking frogs calling for mates, any female froggies out
there want to come do some frogegging (play on frolicking) with these guys?

"Frogegging" was a play on words by another ponder at our recently club
meeting. Just like one of our group here, she too had a neighbor mention
that she sure was playing her frog CD loud. She told him, that they were
still in his yard and hadn't made it to her pond to do their frogegging.
) She & I are of like minds, don't bother to complain, we consider them
nothing more than loud crickets. ~ jan