Old 24-03-2004, 04:47 PM
Chester Deja

Default Help me identify these eggs

Looks like you are going to have many more small little tadpoles.
From my experience those are toad eggs and will turn into thousands of
small black tadpoles - great for algea cleaning of your pond.

Rick

Strings of eggs just appeared in our pond this morning. We have Koi
and goldfish. We've had a number of tadpoles, but these are
definitely not toad/frogs.

Can anyone identify these eggs?

http://www.lutzfamily.net/temp/eggs1.jpg

Thanks,

Dave

Old 25-03-2004, 02:13 PM
jammer

I'm getting a little excited myself! I was preparing a garden to grow
melons later in the season and dug up a huge toad. Looked like she
could have about a trillion eggs in her. I set her under the one
remaining brush pile where she dug in for more nap time. The night
time temps are around the mid fifties with low humidity, so it may be
a while longer before they come out. (She was about 8 inches down!)

The few pond plants i have are all growing well. All my parrot feather
dies out in the summer and comes back in the winter. Kinda
backasswards. I have a good algae bloom for the babies i am about to
recieve. And this year i will do partial water changes and hope for
the best. If i see the GF in distress, i will move two of them inside,
but i am not going to do what i did last year, move most of the tads
to a kiddie pool and watch this mass exodus of death. I felt real bad
and real stupid.

Enjoy your babies!!!!!

On 24 Mar 2004 20:14:13 -0800, (Dave) wrote:

Yes -- the eggs have evolved into tiny black tadpoles! :-)

It now looks like one of our Koi is pregnant! We're very excited. I
will hopefully have new pictures to post soon.

-- Dave

(Chester Deja) wrote in message

. com...
Looks like you are going to have many more small little tadpoles.
From my experience those are toad eggs and will turn into thousands

of

Old 25-03-2004, 02:17 PM
jammer

[...]

From my experience those are toad eggs and will turn into thousands

of
small black tadpoles - great for algea cleaning of your pond.

Rick

Strings of eggs just appeared in our pond this morning. We have

Koi
and goldfish. We've had a number of tadpoles, but these are
definitely not toad/frogs.

Can anyone identify these eggs?

http://www.lutzfamily.net/temp/eggs1.jpg

Thanks,

Dave

these brown eggs .... John Savage Australia 19 06-11-2006 09:40 PM
Help me ID these little eggs... Siouxzi North Carolina 3 29-04-2005 03:15 PM
Help me identify these eggs Dave Ponds 0 20-03-2004 02:29 AM
Are these eggs? Barry Ponds 3 24-09-2003 07:32 PM
need help to identify eggs in pond Bruce Ponds 6 14-07-2003 11:24 PM