Old 27-03-2004, 04:09 AM
JB

Default Moving To New House WIth Koi

Help!

We're considering purchasing a new home about a mile away. I currently have
an 1,100 pond with 3 large (20"+) Koi and assorted goldfish. I don't want to
leave them behind but I don't have the time to build a new pond before we
move. I need some creative ways to keep the fish alive until a new pond can
be built. An above ground swimming pool? An old hot tub? Any ideas will be
greatly appreciated.

John

Old 27-03-2004, 06:33 AM
Gene

Got get a big 100 gal rubbermaid water trough at a feed store and put a
filter w/pump in it.

Old 27-03-2004, 08:04 PM

OK.. aquatic ecosystem used to have em, but they are kids swimming pools, hex or
octagon, they use a pvc frame and flexible liner and hold 600 or more gallons. Kmart
may have them. you will need netting over the top (with CLAMPS) to keep em inside
and predators outside. you will need a filter of some kind. I suggest a 40 gallon
rubbermaid tall garbage can with bulk head fittings and the pump pushing the water up
thru the filters and a huge 4" bulkhead pvc return overflow to the pond. cover 1/2
the pond with styrofoam on top of the netting to keep the water cool and provide a
hideout for the fish.
ok.. just looked in aquatic ecosystems catalog and they got "easy set pools",
smallest one is 1,374 gallons 12' x 30" deep cost is $169. NO setting up, inflate
top ring and fill. Ingrid

"JB" wrote:
We're considering purchasing a new home about a mile away. I currently have
an 1,100 pond with 3 large (20"+) Koi and assorted goldfish. I don't want to
leave them behind but I don't have the time to build a new pond before we
move. I need some creative ways to keep the fish alive until a new pond can
be built. An above ground swimming pool? An old hot tub? Any ideas will be
greatly appreciated.

John

List Manager: Puregold Goldfish List
http://puregold.aquaria.net/
www.drsolo.com
endorsements or recommendations I make.

Old 27-03-2004, 08:04 PM
LynDel

My temporary pond is an EZ Set pool that failed to rise more than 12" or
so .... the fish have been doing well for about a year in there. I
bought mine at WalMart with the intention of having a place to swim an
old dog, but when it didn't rise, I threw in some goldfish to keep the
mosquitos down. I had forgotten how much I wanted a pond until then.

Phyllis