Old 14-05-2006, 09:17 AM posted to uk.rec.gardening
NikV

Default Moving house and Pear tree UpDate 2

Original in ground
http://www.nasuwt.net/~nikvenn/peartree.jpg

4 Days after putting into pot
http://www.nasuwt.net/~nikvenn/treemved.jpg

7 days after potting - watering twice a day - misting once
inset showing close up of leaves
http://www.nasuwt.net/~nikvenn/treemved1.jpg

--
(º·.¸(¨*·.¸ ¸.·*¨)¸.·º)
.·°·. NIK .·°·.

Old 14-05-2006, 11:06 AM posted to uk.rec.gardening
La Puce

NikV wrote:
Original in ground
http://www.nasuwt.net/~nikvenn/peartree.jpg
4 Days after putting into pot
http://www.nasuwt.net/~nikvenn/treemved.jpg
7 days after potting - watering twice a day - misting once
inset showing close up of leaves
http://www.nasuwt.net/~nikvenn/treemved1.jpg

Looking good! It's perhaps early days but still it looks really good. I
was in Edinburgh for a few days and I met with a friend who has a
couple of pears. I told him about your tricky situation and he advised
me to tell you not to feed it. This would damage and 'burn' the roots.
Thanks to post again and keep us updated!! I'm really pleased for you
))

Old 14-05-2006, 02:51 PM posted to uk.rec.gardening
NikV

"La Puce" wrote in message
oups.com...

NikV wrote:
Original in ground
http://www.nasuwt.net/~nikvenn/peartree.jpg
4 Days after putting into pot
http://www.nasuwt.net/~nikvenn/treemved.jpg
7 days after potting - watering twice a day - misting once
inset showing close up of leaves
http://www.nasuwt.net/~nikvenn/treemved1.jpg

Looking good! It's perhaps early days but still it looks really good. I
was in Edinburgh for a few days and I met with a friend who has a
couple of pears. I told him about your tricky situation and he advised
me to tell you not to feed it. This would damage and 'burn' the roots.
Thanks to post again and keep us updated!! I'm really pleased for you
))

thanks, won't feed it

--
(º·.¸(¨*·.¸ ¸.·*¨)¸.·º)
.·°·. NIK .·°·.

Old 15-05-2006, 05:20 PM posted to uk.rec.gardening
Rupert \(W.Yorkshire\)

"NikV" wrote in message
Original in ground
http://www.nasuwt.net/~nikvenn/peartree.jpg

4 Days after putting into pot
http://www.nasuwt.net/~nikvenn/treemved.jpg

7 days after potting - watering twice a day - misting once
inset showing close up of leaves
http://www.nasuwt.net/~nikvenn/treemved1.jpg

--
(º·.¸(¨*·.¸ ¸.·*¨)¸.·º)
.·°·. NIK .·°·.
(¸.·º(¸.·¨* *¨·.¸)º·.¸)

I am delighted that you have managed to do such a good job.
I mentioned before that I think you used a relatively small pot for such a
large plant-so I would suggest that once there is a sign of growth that you
should give it some feed.
Looking forward to seeing the pictures of it in its new home.

Old 16-05-2006, 12:20 AM posted to uk.rec.gardening
NikV

Default Moving house and Pear tree UpDate 2 to feed or not

"Rupert (W.Yorkshire)" wrote in message

"NikV" wrote in message
Original in ground
http://www.nasuwt.net/~nikvenn/peartree.jpg

4 Days after putting into pot
http://www.nasuwt.net/~nikvenn/treemved.jpg

7 days after potting - watering twice a day - misting once
inset showing close up of leaves
http://www.nasuwt.net/~nikvenn/treemved1.jpg

--
(º·.¸(¨*·.¸ ¸.·*¨)¸.·º)
.·°·. NIK .·°·.
(¸.·º(¸.·¨* *¨·.¸)º·.¸)

I am delighted that you have managed to do such a good job.
I mentioned before that I think you used a relatively small pot for such a
large plant-so I would suggest that once there is a sign of growth that
you should give it some feed.
Looking forward to seeing the pictures of it in its new home.

oh no somebody says don't feed it - somebody else says feed it what do iI
do, its actually growing ther are new tips growing - half an inch in one
week, I'm taking off the pollinated stigma I'm pretty sure I dont want pears
taking water atm but should I feed it ? ;

--
(º·.¸(¨*·.¸ ¸.·*¨)¸.·º)
.·°·. NIK .·°·.

Old 16-05-2006, 02:06 AM posted to uk.rec.gardening
Rupert \(W.Yorkshire\)

"NikV" wrote in message
[...]

Panic not. I doubt that you are now in a position to easily kill it.
The friend of La Puce was quite correct in saying not to feed the plant just
after replanting. I suggest that the pot is quite small for such a large
plant so a feed in a few weeks time will be a benefit.
Whatever you do I doubt that lack of nutrients will kill it between now and
when you move house.
One pear fruit, complete with seed, might be useful as an insurance
policy:-)