Old 27-03-2004, 08:02 PM
Grubber

Default Glue for PVC

I have some of the flexible black pvc hose as seen here about halfway down
(not the Laguna stuff):
http://www.azponds.com/hose.htm

Does this use regular pvc glue with the purple primer? Since this says you
can use regular PVC fittings, that was my assumption, but I thought I'd make
sure before gluing and burying.

Old 29-03-2004, 05:02 PM
Lee B.

Supposedly, there is a "special" glue for flex pipe. However, I used regular
PVC glue, and it worked just fine. Just make sure (as with any application),
you have enough glue and a good fit.

Lee

ink.net...

Old 29-03-2004, 06:05 PM
Josh

You need speecial fitting co connect it to the PVC.

http://www.woosworld.net/pond/plumbing.html

If you look at the picture with the little neighbor girl holding the
pump you can see (somewhat) the flexible tubing going from the pump to
the checkvalve. The flexible tubing is held on via a clamp to the
pump and on the other end a fitting that pushes inside the tube (again
with a clamp) and then presents a regular PVC fitting for future glue
jobs.

Perhaps easier to see is the very end of the line (top in this
picture) where there is another fitting (again shoved down inside the
flexible hose) and clamped on. This fitting has a threaded PVC end
for the bulkhead out of the skimmer box.

Old 29-03-2004, 06:42 PM
grubber

"Lee B." wrote in message
Supposedly, there is a "special" glue for flex pipe. However, I used

regular
PVC glue, and it worked just fine. Just make sure (as with any

application),
you have enough glue and a good fit.

Lee

"Grubber" wrote in message
ink.net...
I have some of the flexible black pvc hose as seen here about halfway

down
(not the Laguna stuff):
http://www.azponds.com/hose.htm

Being impatient, I went ahead and used the regular stuff and it seems to be
working fine so far (48 hours). The joins are not under dirt yet, so if
things go south, I can do-over without too much effort.

Old 29-03-2004, 06:43 PM
grubber

"Josh" wrote in message
om...
You need speecial fitting co connect it to the PVC.

http://www.woosworld.net/pond/plumbing.html

If you look at the picture with the little neighbor girl holding the
pump you can see (somewhat) the flexible tubing going from the pump to
the checkvalve. The flexible tubing is held on via a clamp to the
pump and on the other end a fitting that pushes inside the tube (again
with a clamp) and then presents a regular PVC fitting for future glue
jobs.

Perhaps easier to see is the very end of the line (top in this
picture) where there is another fitting (again shoved down inside the
flexible hose) and clamped on. This fitting has a threaded PVC end
for the bulkhead out of the skimmer box.

This is different type hose - not ridges and nowhere near as flexible.

Old 30-03-2004, 11:35 PM
BenignVanilla

"grubber" wrote in message
"Josh" wrote in message
om...
You need speecial fitting co connect it to the PVC.

http://www.woosworld.net/pond/plumbing.html

If you look at the picture with the little neighbor girl holding the
pump you can see (somewhat) the flexible tubing going from the pump to
the checkvalve. The flexible tubing is held on via a clamp to the
pump and on the other end a fitting that pushes inside the tube (again
with a clamp) and then presents a regular PVC fitting for future glue
jobs.

Perhaps easier to see is the very end of the line (top in this
picture) where there is another fitting (again shoved down inside the
flexible hose) and clamped on. This fitting has a threaded PVC end
for the bulkhead out of the skimmer box.

This is different type hose - not ridges and nowhere near as flexible.

If you are concerned...hose clamps are cheap and easy to install. Back up
your connections with stainless steel clamps, bury and forget.

--
BV.
www.iheartmypond.com

Old 30-03-2004, 11:35 PM
grubber

"BenignVanilla" wrote in message

This is different type hose - not ridges and nowhere near as flexible.

If you are concerned...hose clamps are cheap and easy to install. Back up
your connections with stainless steel clamps, bury and forget.

--
BV.
www.iheartmypond.com

Couldn't hurt, but this pipe is so stiff I wouldn't think clamps would
compress it enough to seal things. It's almost as stiff as regular pvc
pipe.

Old 30-03-2004, 11:36 PM
grubber

"BenignVanilla" wrote in message

This is different type hose - not ridges and nowhere near as flexible.

If you are concerned...hose clamps are cheap and easy to install. Back up
your connections with stainless steel clamps, bury and forget.

--
BV.
www.iheartmypond.com

Couldn't hurt, but this pipe is so stiff I wouldn't think clamps would
compress it enough to seal things. It's almost as stiff as regular pvc
pipe.

Rubbermaid glue report: Forget Gorilla Glue Gareee© Ponds (moderated) 78 18-06-2007 02:01 AM
Rubbermaid glue report: Forget Gorilla Glue Pondmeister Ponds 0 30-05-2007 01:08 PM
DUMBASSES for sure in the RPM group duh! Rubbermaid glue report: Forget Gorilla Glue Pondmeister Ponds 0 27-05-2007 12:08 AM
Glue for PVC Grubber Ponds 0 27-03-2004 05:29 PM
Glue for PVC Grubber Ponds 0 27-03-2004 04:47 PM