Old 27-03-2004, 11:13 PM
Anne Lurie

Default Watercress, was Gin Clear Already

Mike, have you tried looking at the prepackaged section of the grocery
store, maybe in with fresh herbs (in clear plastic boxes)? I'm not saying
you'll find any watercress, but that's where I'd look.

Or maybe you could buy a plant at the local garden center, again in with
herbs. (I realize that perennial herbs are not necessarily cheap, but in
the greater scheme of "all things pond," watercress plants might be a
bargain!)

Anne Lurie
Raleigh, NC

"Mike Patterson" wrote

Y'know, I've looked in all the local markets, but no one here in the
ATL area seems to have heard of watercress.

Old 28-03-2004, 11:53 PM
Gary

I get my watercress from a nearby stream in the early spring (which
reminds me, I need to get up there again soon and get some) WC likes
moving water, so the waterfall area of my pond is a good place for it.
It grows quickly, so I have to keep an eye on it to make sure it
isn't clogging up the waterfall and diverting the water elsewhere
outside my system. Also, I've had fair success starting it from seed
and then putting it in the waterfall after it has developed a good
root system. I found seeds at my local garden center (Colorado)
Good luck,
Gary
Old 29-03-2004, 12:11 AM
Gary

I get my watercress from a nearby stream in the early spring (which
reminds me, I need to get up there again soon and get some) WC likes
moving water, so the waterfall area of my pond is a good place for it.
It grows quickly, so I have to keep an eye on it to make sure it
isn't clogging up the waterfall and diverting the water elsewhere
outside my system. Also, I've had fair success starting it from seed
and then putting it in the waterfall after it has developed a good
root system. I found seeds at my local garden center (Colorado)
Good luck,
Gary

Damson gin Christina Websell United Kingdom 12 03-09-2009 09:55 AM
Gin Clear JB[_1_] Ponds (moderated) 3 20-09-2008 11:55 PM
Pond Sludge - To clear or not to clear? MB United Kingdom 24 13-09-2006 12:15 PM
Gin Clear Already BenignVanilla Ponds 38 01-04-2004 08:16 PM
"Gin Clear" water Barry Ponds 4 15-10-2003 01:32 AM