Old 28-03-2004, 04:34 PM
rob.smith4

Default Help With Goldfish Problem

Hi I went out to my pond the other day and thought one of my older goldfish
was dead,as it was lying on it's side,but when I went to pick it out it swam
off,I have been watching it and when it swims it is ok,but as soon as it
stops it turns on it's side,obviously it has something wrong but can anybody
help me as to what can or can't be done to help it.

Old 28-03-2004, 05:09 PM

what is the aeration like in the pond? what is the temperature? do you have an
algae bloom? Ingrid.

"rob.smith4" wrote:

Hi I went out to my pond the other day and thought one of my older goldfish
was dead,as it was lying on it's side,but when I went to pick it out it swam
off,I have been watching it and when it swims it is ok,but as soon as it
stops it turns on it's side,obviously it has something wrong but can anybody
help me as to what can or can't be done to help it.

List Manager: Puregold Goldfish List
http://puregold.aquaria.net/
www.drsolo.com
endorsements or recommendations I make.
Old 29-03-2004, 02:42 AM
RichToyBox

Look at the following two links for possible causes:
http://www.koivet.com/html/glossary/...a ying%20over
http://www.koivet.com/html/articles/...=laying%20over
And if these don't transfer properly, go to www.koivet.com and enter into
the search "laying over"
--
RichToyBox

Old 29-03-2004, 03:39 AM
GoldLexus

Hmmm, I posted about our newly found gold fish (under You are not going to
believe this....on March 17th) about a week ago.This post has got me
wondering if something is wrong.... He is not laying on his side but he
isn't swiming around either. If I disturb the water he will swim but than
stop and just lay there. Maybe he is stressed? After all we didn't even know
we had a live gold fish, hadn't seen any gold fish since mid August. The
winter was cold enough to where the pond was frozen over for a couple of
weeks. Which may seem like a short time to be frozen over in some areas
country. Anyway just got me wondering if maybe we may lose this one gold
fish.

Old 29-03-2004, 07:33 AM
GoldLexus

Boy, I don't have a clue. The outside air temp has been between 40-47 nights
and 55-70 day time. We are having a
warmer, dryer Spring than normal. I would guess the water temp. may be
hovering around 45 and peeking up briefly
during warmer days. Maybe the water hasn't been warm enought for the little
guy.

"GoldLexus" wrote:
Hmmm, I posted about our newly found gold fish (under You are not going

believe this....on March 17th) about a week ago.This post has got me
wondering if something is wrong.... He is not laying on his side but he
isn't swiming around either. If I disturb the water he will swim but than
stop and just lay there. Maybe he is stressed? After all we didn't even

know
we had a live gold fish, hadn't seen any gold fish since mid August. The
winter was cold enough to where the pond was frozen over for a couple of
weeks. Which may seem like a short time to be frozen over in some areas
country. Anyway just got me wondering if maybe we may lose this one gold
fish.

List Manager: Puregold Goldfish List

goldfish eye problem Gary John Ponds 3 14-11-2005 03:51 AM
Newts (or salamanders) in with the goldfish.. a problem for either? Gareee© Ponds 12 18-11-2004 11:13 PM
Newts (or salamanders) in with the goldfish.. a problem for either? Gareee© Ponds 0 17-11-2004 11:03 PM
Help with Goldfish rob.smith4 Ponds 22 13-03-2004 10:01 PM
HELP! Goldfish's gonna explode! b Ponds 5 17-06-2003 04:08 AM