Old 07-04-2004, 03:02 AM
Registered User

Location: New Port Richey, FL
Question jacuzzi turned turtle pond--filtration help plz!!

HI!! I am hoping I can get some advise. I live in FL, and I have three red-ear sliders that are quickly outgrowing their tank. I have a 18 year old, broken jacuzzi that is to be their new home. (In a month or so, so i have some time.) I've been to a few pond/pet stores nearby, and i'm not really happy with the advise i've been given. The jacuzzi holds about 300 gallons of water, and it's in an enclosed area. My delima lies in the filtration. Can someone give me suggestions as to the best plan of action? I don't want to break the bank, but i've been anticipating a small fortune. I am looking for a filter that is stands outside the pond, so I do not have to root around in muck in order to clean it out. However, the stores around here seem to think this is not the best way to go. (Most have pushed the PONDMASTER) I have also heard that there are ways to make a filter. I'm pretty crafty, and this is an idea i'm very interested in, I just don't know where to start. Also, I am a bit confused about the different types of filtration. I was under the impression that having carbon was an important part of keeping a pond clean, but at another store the owner told me that is is not neccessary. I just want a happy turtle eco-system that doesn't smell. Can you help me?? Thanks
joanne
Old 07-04-2004, 02:33 PM
Benign Vanilla

Default jacuzzi turned turtle pond--filtration help plz!!

"jmphysics101" wrote in
message s.com...

Check out iheartmypond.com's DIY Filter area, http://tinyurl.com/3bumf or
iheartmypond.com's filter area http://tinyurl.com/2jd5a.