Old 17-04-2004, 07:54 PM
Bill

Default Fish Problem followup

Thank you all for your input about my flashing fish. I THINK we are on the
road to recovery. As someone suggested I am checking back to update for the
'board' knowledge base. Both of the local pond shops suggested if I didnt
want to overreact to my fish flashing, a good starting point would be
Dimilin. I applied that but after 3 days the only change I could see was a
few more fish with similar symptoms, though less pronounced. As of
yesterday I have now salted to .3% - .1% per day for 3 days. Things seem to
be improving. No extra twitching from most and the koi who was most obvious
has definitely eased up a bit.
Questions:
How long should it take for me to be confident in the 'effect' of this
salting. I have read after two weeks could start taking it out, so
presumably that is the max time to see results.

If this does not seem to be the cure, any suggestions where I go next short
of caustic therapy like PP or Formalin. I met DeAnna yesterday (what a nice
lady) and she gave me some Koi Zyme to help protect my babies from any
additional problems from scraping off scales.

What is a good 'healthcare' regimine (to keep healthy instead of get
healthy). DeAnna suggested Koi Zyme for the fish and Pond Zyme for the
water/good bacteria.

THANK YOU everyone for your input. I am such a worry wart nowadays, about
my pond keeper responsibilities. It really helps me to enjoy my pond
instead of just worry about it, to have your support.
Bill Brister - Austin, Texas

What would you do--sprinkler install problem--FOLLOWUP Tony Gardening 1 27-05-2004 02:02 AM
Fish Problem followup Bill Ponds 1 22-04-2004 01:06 AM
Plant ID Extravaganza!! - Followup Lynda LeCompte Gardening 9 24-12-2003 03:32 PM
Cutworm post followup FDR Edible Gardening 0 07-07-2003 04:58 AM
followup on Blackbird posting John Savage Australia 8 05-04-2003 06:36 AM