Old 17-04-2004, 08:11 PM
kathy :-

Default OT - ka30p - OT

For some reason my computer and/or aol has decided to block
me from rec.ponds via parental controls, even though parental
controls is not set for blocking.
Who knows if I can get this fixed, or if I have the time to
get it fixed... anyway, I signed on with google and will read
stuff here. Not as easy to read from here but we'll muddle on.

the time I don't have right now - youngest, 14, son managed to
break his ankle in PE on Thursday morning. Had surgery yesterday
to put in plates, pins and screws. will bring him home today and
he's into healing until mid-July. Luckily the plaster cast only
stays on two weeks. He'll be on crutches with a boot type cast
for a month. No more PE, no more school bus, activate the mom
bus. Big brother has taken over the catching of the bullfrog
and will make his first attempts this weekend. The weather has
turned cooler so that may help or hinder, we'll see.

kathy :-)
Old 18-04-2004, 01:09 AM
Nedra

Kathy, what a rotten bit of luck ... just as the weather starts
getting nice - Give Travis a Big Hug for me. He must have
really done a job on that ankle...

Get Well, Travis.

Nedra

om...

Old 18-04-2004, 05:12 AM
really ka30p

Thanks Nedra!
He is home now and I think it is sinking in, it is going to be a long haul.
Still on pain meds.

On the lady bullfrog front. Put eldest son and good friend on the job. The frog
got smart. She started jumping as soon as she spotted them. Last time they
chased her into the bog (big teenage boy feet) and she hasn't been seen since.
She is either in hiding or, gulp, squished.
:-(
Now, bullfrogs are not native here, they eat up the native species and if a
wildlife biologist got her she'd be sent to the great pond in the sky.
But I do have a home for her with a second grade teacher's classroom. ~ If we
can catch her, if she isn't squished.

Am posting on my DH's account. For some reason my computer will allow it but
not from any other account.
Google is toooooo slow to post answers so I'll try from here.

kathy :-)
(still use ka30p for email
this acct. is for reading rec.ponds only)
Old 18-04-2004, 05:12 AM
Nedra

Kathy, I was thinking that Travis has to be in a lot of pain.
Bless his Heart ...

Good luck on the lady bullfrog. Hope she gets caught.- -
and gets to go to school ;-)

Nedra

Old 18-04-2004, 03:06 PM

my mother just had her knee replaced and they use this device for cooling the knee.
it wraps around and there are tubes running thru it that carries cold water pumped
from a cooler filled with ice and water. it both took down inflammation and pain.
she said she felt almost no pain at all (well until she had to get up and walk
around). her recuperation was really really fast and she is back to gardening. she
had surgery in mid Feb.
I was just wondering if they had something like that available for other injuries.
Ingrid

List Manager: Puregold Goldfish List
http://puregold.aquaria.net/
www.drsolo.com
endorsements or recommendations I make.

Old 18-04-2004, 05:05 PM
really ka30p

Ingrid wrote I was just wondering if they had something like that available
for other injuries.

Not that we heard of but it sounds great!
Especially for a knee.
We are hauling big bags of ice home from the grocery store and checking in the
middle of the night to make sure they are still on his ankle. Two more days of
24 hr. ice and then the swelling problem should be gone.
Glad she's back to gardening! We moved youngest son's computer into the living
room so he can still work and play on his dearest hobby.

OT - ka30p Ka30P Ponds 4 18-05-2004 06:08 AM
OT - ka30p - OT ---- Cooling Info chagoi Ponds 5 20-04-2004 06:11 PM
OT - ka30p - OT kathy :- Ponds 0 17-04-2004 08:09 PM
Ka30P (or some other "bookmark" fiend) Lee B. Ponds 11 19-02-2004 09:16 PM
Thanks Ka30P Glenn Lynn Ponds 2 20-01-2004 05:12 PM