Old 19-04-2004, 02:06 PM
Benign Vanilla

Default The Best Damn Weekend of My Recent Life

Saturday night, the wife, the kids and I went to her parents for dinner. Big
hunka beef, a bottle of red. It was a great night. The next morning I was
suffering. Apprently I consumed most of the wine. So we wandered back to the
pond so I could finish up the cleanup, having drained it a bit the day
before. In the end the four of us worked in the pond area, cleaning the
pond, potting plants, raking leaves, cleanup, etc. ALL DAY!!! Me and the SO
and the kids in/around the pond ALL DAY!!! It was awesome.

Of course, now that I was in there mucking around, the water is all cloudy,
and murky. You can't see anything in there at all. We did do about a 1000
gallon water change, and scraped a barrel of much and leaves from the
bottom. In the end I think it will end up being nice a clean. The fish
seemed happy zipping around, and the frogs were all over the place. The kids
and their friend even sat and petted 3 of the frogs without a problem. These
little green guys didn't mind at all. My son even scratched one under the
chin. It was very funny.

Hopefully things will clear up in a few days, so we can enojy the critters
even further.

--
BV.
www.iheartmypond.com

Old 19-04-2004, 04:06 PM
really ka30p

I bet the kids thought so too!

kathy :-)
(still use ka30p for email
this acct. is for reading rec.ponds only)
Old 20-04-2004, 12:05 AM
Barbara2245

"Benign Vanilla" wrote in message ...
[...]

Sunday was my day to get the pond up and running. A lot of water had
to be drained so I could raise my pots and capture my excess fry. I
should have removed more because today I see at least a dozen. Some I
netted one would not have seen but I did get $9 credit for about 3
dozen at the pet store. I netted a lot of mulm, pine needles, leaves
gravel and clay so today the water is pretty clear. My pickeral rush
over flowed the pot. I divided it and have 6 pots. This I hope does
not kill it because when I repotted in fall it did. I was so tired I
forgot to put fertilizer tabs in all the pots. At least I did not fall
down this time I used a rope to steady with. As soon as I got done
the wind started to drop leaves, pine cones and needles in my clean
pond. They had a tornado up north. Happy water gardening.