Old 26-04-2004, 02:08 AM
David

Default taro black magic

my elephant ears keep turning green even when i purchase very black
specimens
my pond is in direct sunlight
is this the reason?
thank you very much

Old 27-04-2004, 03:03 AM
~ Windsong ~

"David" wrote in message
my elephant ears keep turning green even when i purchase very black
specimens
my pond is in direct sunlight
is this the reason?
thank you very much

=====================
I have had these for years and the only time they turn green is when they
don't get enough sun. They turn green when I bring them in the for the
winter.
--
Carol....
"A closed mouth gathers no feet."

Old 27-04-2004, 04:05 AM
Nedra

You mean you plant the Taro in the pond?
Is it specifically 'water taro' ?

Nedra

Old 28-04-2004, 01:05 AM
~ jan JJsPond.us

On Sun, 25 Apr 2004 19:20:40 -0500, "David" wrote:

my elephant ears keep turning green even when i purchase very black
specimens
my pond is in direct sunlight
is this the reason?
thank you very much

Are you sure it's the Black Magic variety? Like Carol mentioned, it turns
green when it doesn't get enough sun. There is Imperial Taro that is sort
of half & half, that gets more green than black with too much sun (or it
could be not enough nutrients) this year I'm putting mine in the pond
rather than a stand alone urn to see if it does better. ~ jan

~ jan (Do you know where your water quality is?)
Old 28-04-2004, 03:04 AM
Roberta Hickman

"Black Magic" taro works great as a marginal pond plant. As Carol
noted, the only time mine turns green is when it doesn't get enough
light. Putting it out in the sun causes it to turn black within a few
days.

PickersAngel

Old 28-04-2004, 03:06 AM
Nedra

Thank you for the reply! I'll plant it tomorrow.

Nedra

"Roberta Hickman" wrote in message
om...
"Black Magic" taro works great as a marginal pond plant. As Carol
noted, the only time mine turns green is when it doesn't get enough
light. Putting it out in the sun causes it to turn black within a few
days.

PickersAngel

"Nedra" wrote in message

hlink.net...
You mean you plant the Taro in the pond?
Is it specifically 'water taro' ?

Nedra

Question about Cym. Little Balck Sambo "Black Magic" AM/AOS K Barrett Orchids 5 21-06-2006 04:59 AM
Question about Cym. Little Balck Sambo "Black Magic" AM/AOS K Barrett Orchids 0 19-06-2006 04:20 PM
Overwintering Taro D Kat Ponds 5 09-11-2003 07:33 PM
Wanted - taro (Colocasia) for Sydney region Richard Wright Australia 0 17-08-2003 03:07 AM
Pond Photo`s - Ponder Eh?'s Taro ~ jan JJsPond.us Ponds 2 23-06-2003 08:40 AM