Old 02-05-2004, 11:02 AM
Cheryl

Default Mosquitos

Hi

My pond has lately become overrun with horrible mosquitos. I have read that
litttle fish are good to eat the larve, so i have bought 5 small 2' goldfish
to gobble them up which they seeem to be doing to a certain extent. I am
trying to encourage natural pedators too.
I was wondering if you guys had any other ideas I could nab.
After reading lots of your posts Mosquito fish sounds quite good but im in
the UK so thats not an option.
Is there any way to get rid of the adult mosquitos as there are swams of
them around my pond?

Thanks in advance for any ideas

Cheryl

Old 02-05-2004, 11:02 AM
jammer

Mosquito dunks or bits

Old 02-05-2004, 11:02 AM
Mouse

Think you will find these are midges (non biting and smaller than
mosquitoes) my pond has them. The newly arrived House Martins, Swifts and
Swallows love em. Its like having your own display of the Red Arrows when
they start feeding their young.
Mike ( UK )

Old 02-05-2004, 05:07 PM
Ka30P

Fish are the best predators of mosquito larvae.

For flying buggas, in addition to birds that Mike mentioned, dragon and
damselflies should soon show up.

kathy :-)
Old 05-05-2004, 06:03 PM
Steve and Lisa

Hah....hubby tries to tell me in Derby they don't have mozzies. (I knew it
wasn't true....though I wasn't ever bitten while there.)
Midges are what he says they have in some areas.....nothing like our
man-eaters here in Ohio.

Lisa

Old 07-05-2004, 11:02 AM
Happy'Cam'per

"Steve and Lisa" wrote in message
Hah....hubby tries to tell me in Derby they don't have mozzies. (I knew it
wasn't true....though I wasn't ever bitten while there.)
Midges are what he says they have in some areas.....nothing like our
man-eaters here in Ohio.

LMAO You should see some of the buggers we get here in South Africa. If
you're sitting on the patio in the evening you have to strap yourself to the
deck chair or they'll carry you away!!! LOL
--
**So long, and thanks for all the fish!**

Old 09-05-2004, 04:06 PM
Steve and Lisa

Pretty much what they are like here in Ohio USA. During the summer they go
down each street here in North Canton and spray for them. Until hubby came,
I use to get eaten alive......now they go for him. I told him they say, "Fe
Fi Fo Fum I smell the blood of an Englishman." as they zoom in on him. LOL!

Lisa
"Happy'Cam'per" wrote in message
"Steve and Lisa" wrote in

message

LMAO You should see some of the buggers we get here in South Africa. If
you're sitting on the patio in the evening you have to strap yourself to

the
deck chair or they'll carry you away!!! LOL
--
**So long, and thanks for all the fish!**

Bee keeper's head gear/mosquitos Jacqueline Davidson Gardening 4 16-09-2003 11:32 AM
@#*%!^ mosquitos Phisherman Gardening 16 26-07-2003 09:12 AM
Mosquitos!!! Consumer Reports testing Magnet and Trap models... JayPomp Gardening 19 19-06-2003 02:08 PM
Mosquitos!!! Iris Cohen Gardening 0 18-06-2003 10:32 PM
OT - Mosquitos Are Coming! TOM KAN PA Gardening 0 01-02-2003 01:43 AM