Old 06-05-2004, 05:04 PM
Bill

Default Fish zit

Hi all - I have a white comet with what looks like a big zit on the bridge
of it's nose. There is just a tinge of red at the base and then a
protrusion approximately 1/8" in diameter not tall at all (1/16" or less?),
which looks like a puberty pus sack. I believe it was 'drying' out at one
point but has now returned and is growing although slowly. Sorry I don't
have a place to post a pic if I could get one. Water is good - numerous
other fish with no similar traits.

Any thoughts about what this is and should I be doing something about it?
This fish is about 5-6 inches long, so maybe it is a puberty zit heh?
Thanxx
Bill Brister - Austin, Texas

Old 07-05-2004, 07:05 AM
Gary

I've had several goldfish over the years that have developed lumps and
bumps. One grew a bump on the top of his head, so I named him
"Knothead." All seem to be benign growths, and none of the fish that
ever had these got sick or died. In most cases, the bumps have
gradually disappeared over time. I still have Knothead, but his knot
isn't as prominent as it used to be. He's one of the elders in my
pond and is about 10 years old now.
Gary
Old 07-05-2004, 03:08 PM
Gale Pearce

If the "pus sack" has a dark thread or tail attached to it it is probably
"anchor worm"
Gale :~)
. com...

Old 10-05-2004, 03:06 PM

sounds like a buried parasite. if you can get the fish out put in bowl of water and
squeeze to see if it is soft and you can pop it. then do topical treatment before
releasing it back into the pond.
http://puregold.aquaria.net/pg/disease/disease.htm
Ingrid

"Bill" wrote:

Hi all - I have a white comet with what looks like a big zit on the bridge
of it's nose. There is just a tinge of red at the base and then a
protrusion approximately 1/8" in diameter not tall at all (1/16" or less?),
which looks like a puberty pus sack. I believe it was 'drying' out at one
point but has now returned and is growing although slowly. Sorry I don't
have a place to post a pic if I could get one. Water is good - numerous
other fish with no similar traits.

Any thoughts about what this is and should I be doing something about it?
This fish is about 5-6 inches long, so maybe it is a puberty zit heh?
Thanxx
Bill Brister - Austin, Texas

List Manager: Puregold Goldfish List
http://puregold.aquaria.net/