Prev Previous Post   Next Post Next
Old 08-05-2004, 05:02 PM
Ann in Houston

Default bid for sympathy

I am hunting for a leak in my pond. It's about an inch or two down from
the top edge, somewhere, so I ought to be able to find it. I went in
yesterday and found a pinhole or two, but evidently I missed one. This is
likely a locaton problem - you'd have to be here - but I thought I'd post
about it anyway. I'm waiting to see how low it will fall, so I can get a
clue as to where to start. My liner reveals any tears or holes if you run
your hand along where it might be, because it is permalon and you can
usually feel a rough spot where any inconsistency would be.
I have so much anticipation right now. I am excited about the changes
ahead for my pond, but I don't have the money until the twentieth, unless I
can convince DH to take it out of the rest of the budget. I want to build
the bog myself and have him do the trellis. He is bog-skeptical, but a
local pond contractor vouched for it as a great filter method. I think he
doesn't trust anything that is as low tech as water running through rocks.

(Sigh)Wish me luck,

Ann