Old 08-05-2004, 05:02 PM
Ann in Houston

Default bid for sympathy

I am hunting for a leak in my pond. It's about an inch or two down from
the top edge, somewhere, so I ought to be able to find it. I went in
yesterday and found a pinhole or two, but evidently I missed one. This is
likely a locaton problem - you'd have to be here - but I thought I'd post
about it anyway. I'm waiting to see how low it will fall, so I can get a
clue as to where to start. My liner reveals any tears or holes if you run
your hand along where it might be, because it is permalon and you can
usually feel a rough spot where any inconsistency would be.
I have so much anticipation right now. I am excited about the changes
ahead for my pond, but I don't have the money until the twentieth, unless I
can convince DH to take it out of the rest of the budget. I want to build
the bog myself and have him do the trellis. He is bog-skeptical, but a
local pond contractor vouched for it as a great filter method. I think he
doesn't trust anything that is as low tech as water running through rocks.

(Sigh)Wish me luck,

Ann

Old 08-05-2004, 06:03 PM
Mickey

Put something in with color and is harmless such as milk you should be able
to watch it flow to the leak. Don't put so much in you turn all the water
white you want to put enough in to look for where it is moving to and out of
you pond.

m...

Old 08-05-2004, 10:05 PM
Mike Patterson

On Sat, 08 May 2004 15:12:00 GMT, "Ann in Houston"
wrote:

[...]

Also keep an eye out for a fold in the liner causing a leak via
capillary action.

When I first put my liner in I had a couple of folds that were
siphoning water out. Finally ended up wedging a few round pebbles in
strategic spots to hold the folds open enough to break the capillary
action.

Rotsa ruck!

HTH

Mike Patterson
Please remove the spamtrap to email me.

Old 09-05-2004, 01:04 AM
Ann in Houston

I just went out and put some milk in there, and it dissolved too quickly to
go anywhere. How much do you usually have to use? I have heard of people
doing that for years.

Old 09-05-2004, 07:05 AM
Just Me \Koi\

You have my sympathy!

--
like an eggs-and-ham breakfast:

Old 10-05-2004, 04:13 PM
~ jan JJsPond.us

The price of milk, gas, etc. We all need sympathy right about now. (
~ jan