Old 09-05-2003, 07:08 PM
Kari

Default My progress in digging (I need sympathy)

I was planning on digging some more out of my future pond this weekend. I
was really looking forward to it.

Yesterday I drug my SO out to the garden so I could putz around with
company. My son points out to him that we have HUGE catipiller nests in our
cherry tree.

Before I know it, out comes this huge chain saw I didn't know we had, and
off come the limbs. Gee. We need to burn them. Guess what became the
burning pit for yard debree???

AAAAAAAAAA! Needless to say at that moment they couldn't be burned. We
live on an island that is located by the Strait of Juan De Fuca, and the
wind has a tendency to kick up suddenly.

Now I'm worried that my future pond site will some how turn into a compost
heap......

Old 09-05-2003, 07:08 PM
Mac Knight

On Fri, 9 May 2003 10:27:38 -0700, "Kari" wrote:

Now I'm worried that my future pond site will some how turn into a compost
heap......

lol - unintended consequences? Compost heaps are good too

Mac Knight
http://www.macknight.addr.com

Old 09-05-2003, 07:08 PM
Kari

I already have a compost tumbler and a pile going; I don't need another!
LOL! But I do want a fish pond!

Old 09-05-2003, 07:08 PM
K30a

Oh Kari, you live in the San Juans!
I am jealous but I will drum up some sympathy
for you ;-)

It took three summers to build our pond and it's a looong story.
But while we were 'digging' the kids used the hole as a fort and dug super hero
caves into the sides for various action figures. They carved hills and valleys
to be flooded and subjected them to earthquakes, wars and alien invasions all
vaquished by the heros/villians/action figures.

Then we had a litter of beagle puppies. I think their mother would stealthily
lure the puppies into
the hole so she could have a break. The puppies ejoyed chewing up the action
figures and covering themselves in mud left over from the last alien
invasion/flood/earthquake.

Hang in there we now have two ponds, well a pond and the frog bog, and I have
six container ponds!

k30a

Old 09-05-2003, 08:20 PM
Kari

lol!

.. .

"Kari" wrote in message
I was planning on digging some more out of my future pond this weekend.

was really looking forward to it.

Yesterday I drug my SO out to the garden so I could putz around with
company. My son points out to him that we have HUGE catipiller nests in

our
cherry tree.

Before I know it, out comes this huge chain saw I didn't know we had,

and
off come the limbs. Gee. We need to burn them. Guess what became the
burning pit for yard debree???

AAAAAAAAAA! Needless to say at that moment they couldn't be burned. We
live on an island that is located by the Strait of Juan De Fuca, and the
wind has a tendency to kick up suddenly.

Now I'm worried that my future pond site will some how turn into a

compost
heap......

Need Help w/ Post Hole Digging Clay Soil Billy Gardening 6 18-02-2009 12:37 PM
bid for sympathy Ann in Houston Ponds 6 10-05-2004 04:13 PM
My sympathy to John "Oz" Riley TOM KAN PA Gardening 9 17-01-2004 11:43 PM
Tilling - Double-Digging? Need Advice Joe98 Gardening 21 20-10-2003 11:02 PM
sympathy, please Jo Bohannon Ponds 9 20-04-2003 01:32 AM