Old 21-05-2004, 02:09 AM
Gail Futoran

Default Habitat for toadmanity

"jammer" wrote in message

I spent an a while this evening playing with an area left

when we
installed a new air conditioner out back. I dug it out

approx. 3 ft. X
2 ft. On the long sides i set in 3 ft. long cement border

sections, I
packed clay against brick on the back side and made it

grotto style
with the ground coming up even with the whole thing except

for the
front. I packed 2/3 of it with a mixture of mulch, a good

planters
mix, and last year's dried grass clipping. I put a board

on top,
covered the whole area with pebble rock, and will now find

something
decoritive if only a few large rocks to make sure the lid

never flies
off. I was pleased with the outcome.

The reason i did this in the first place was because there

were a few
toads that lived under the a/c all winter and this new one

makes that
impossible. This is right next to it.

Sounds lovely. I tend to buy those decorative
toad houses which AFAIK have never housed
a toad. They seem to prefer spaces between
bricks that are lying loose near the pond. I like
your design a lot.

Gail

Habitat for toadmanity jammer Ponds 0 26-05-2004 10:11 PM
38 Gallon Habitat- need advice Csowl102 Freshwater Aquaria Plants 7 07-01-2004 04:44 AM
Habitat mulch blown in - cool! J Kolenovsky Texas 0 05-04-2003 11:10 AM
Blowing in mulch for habitat J Kolenovsky Texas 3 05-04-2003 11:10 AM
Outdoor turtle habitat Dave Bell Ponds 3 01-04-2003 12:44 AM