Old 25-05-2004, 08:05 PM
WilsonKKW

Default Lotus----- HELP!

I have a new pond. I bought Lotus from ebay. how to place in pond? HElp this
newbie!
Kathy
Old 25-05-2004, 10:06 PM
Benign Vanilla

"WilsonKKW" wrote in message

I have a new pond. I bought Lotus from ebay. how to place in pond? HElp

this
newbie!

1. Plant tubor is 3-4 inches of mud
B. If in a round pot, plant near edge of pot to allow growth along pot's
edge. I have used both 3 foot window planter baskets, a 33 gallon rubbermaid
and an 18-24 inch round pot. All seem to work well.
4. Cover with small rocks to protect against fish
iiii. Be sure to be careful with the growing tips. Any damage and the tubor
will be stressed and may not grow.
3.a.1 Sink the pot in anywhere from 2 inches to 3 feet of water. (This a
joke, sort of) Lotus like to be in shallow water, but mine have thrived in
deep water.
10. Check this with Nedra, she's the Lotus lady.

BV.

Old 26-05-2004, 12:04 AM
Nedra

Aww Gee Whiz, BV ... you always say that ... Thanks sweetie!
Anyway it sounds like you have covered all the bases... plus.

One thing - Lotuses are a tough plant... except for the growing
points ;-) Once established they are practically indestructible.

Nedra in Missouri

Old 26-05-2004, 01:11 AM
*muffin*

"Nedra" wrote in message
news
Aww Gee Whiz, BV ... you always say that ... Thanks sweetie!
Anyway it sounds like you have covered all the bases... plus.

One thing - Lotuses are a tough plant... except for the growing
points ;-) Once established they are practically indestructible.

hmmmph,, then why did mine die over the winter?
it was growing last fall, & was sink in 3 feet of water over the winter

Old 26-05-2004, 02:09 AM
Nedra

muffin,

I just don't have an answer for you - sorry though
that your plant didn't make it through

Nedra

Backyard Pond:
Lotus Pond:

"*muffin*" wrote in message

news

Old 29-05-2004, 04:08 AM
~ jan JJsPond.us

On Tue, 25 May 2004 19:40:41 -0400, "*muffin*" wrote:

hmmmph,, then why did mine die over the winter?
it was growing last fall, & was sink in 3 feet of water over the winter

Maybe it's not dead, they're pretty slow to wake up and wait for warm pond
temps. What zone are you in, what's your average water temp been? Perhaps
you got one not hardy for your zone? ~ jan

Trailing Lotus-2254 (Lotus berthelotii) Maroochy[_4_] Garden Photos 0 16-09-2012 08:23 AM
Lotus question, newbie to lotus claude rogers Ponds 1 02-06-2003 05:56 PM
planting Lotus help needed Bryan Ponds 3 30-05-2003 04:20 PM
Lotus Bog....Nedra Help!! D. S. Ponds 8 27-05-2003 06:08 PM
tiger lotus rhizome/runners/???? Daniel Whiting Freshwater Aquaria Plants 8 26-02-2003 10:13 PM