Old 26-05-2004, 04:21 AM
Ka30P

Default OT another medical moment

Eldest son, who has had a tube stuck in his
lung cavity for 24 days got the blasted thing
out today!!!
Next step, graduate from high school, have some
fun, make lots of band noise.
Then we visit Seattle for surgery consultation to
stick his lungs permanently to the sides of his lung
cavity. Very painful. But so is spending a month dealing
with every collapse.

kathy :-)
Old 26-05-2004, 07:03 AM
Jim and Phyllis Hurley

I am glad he has made it through the collapses.

Breathing is good.....

Jim

Ask me about Jog-A-Thon fundraiser (clears $120+ per child) at: jogathon.net

Old 26-05-2004, 03:04 PM
Bonnie

Ka30P wrote:
Eldest son, who has had a tube stuck in his
lung cavity for 24 days got the blasted thing
out today!!!

That's really good news, hope the time passes happily
until you visit Seattle again.

--
Bonnie
NJ

Old 26-05-2004, 05:21 PM
Theoldballpark

My thoughts and prayers are with you. A customer, that comes to our place of
business, just had this same procedure done. After four collapses, they decided
this was the route to go. Robert is recovering very well. As you say, it was a
very painful procedure for him to go through. They went in through his back as
opposed to the chest. Check out that option, if you can. Best of luck-Laura

Old 27-05-2004, 12:06 PM
Nedra

I just don't understand this procedure. How is it that the
kids get in this horrible place to begin with?
Kathy, hope you know my thoughts and prayers are with you all.....

Nedra

Old 27-05-2004, 04:12 PM
Ka30P

Nedra wrote How is it that the
kids get in this horrible place to begin with?

Tall, thin males can suffer from this condition.
Why, they don't know. But they have problems with their lungs collapsing. Many
of them it is a one time thing. But with some it becomes so frequent that they
use this scarring procedure to stick the lungs to the lung cavity. The holes
still happen (kind of like a weak spot on a balloon) but the lung will not fall
down and the time out of his life would be a day or two instead of a month.
We're kind of surprised at the folks we've run into who've said, 'oh, my cousin
had that operation, or my friend, or my brother.'

hope you know my thoughts and prayers are with you all....

:-)

kathy :-)
Old 28-05-2004, 01:08 AM
Nedra

Ohhh dear .. that sounds like an absolutely dreadful operation ..
shudder
No wonder it's painful.
Prayers ....

Nedra