Old 27-05-2004, 05:04 AM
UTVOLVET84

Default Is this lotus dead or alive?

I have a lotus in my pond that has been there for three years. It has been
repotted once and did well that year. As of today it is showing no growth
although the tuber is a fleshy color and feels firm. The other two lotus in my
pond are doing great. Any ideas on how long I should leave this one in the pond
before I give up on it?
Donna
Old 27-05-2004, 02:06 PM
Benign Vanilla

"UTVOLVET84" wrote in message
I have a lotus in my pond that has been there for three years. It has been
repotted once and did well that year. As of today it is showing no growth
although the tuber is a fleshy color and feels firm. The other two lotus

in my
pond are doing great. Any ideas on how long I should leave this one in the

pond
before I give up on it?

If the tubor is firm, it's not rotted. I had one like that after this
winter. It was obvious it was dead.

What about the growing tips? Does it have any? are they intact?

BV.

Old 27-05-2004, 04:07 PM
UTVOLVET84

What about the growing tips? Does it have any? are they intact?

No growing tips that I can see.
Donna
Old 27-05-2004, 04:07 PM
Benign Vanilla

"UTVOLVET84" wrote in message
What about the growing tips? Does it have any? are they intact?

No growing tips that I can see.

My guess is that it is dead. You mentioned your other Lotus are doing fine
right?

BV.

Old 28-05-2004, 01:08 AM
UTVOLVET84

Yes, the other lotus are both fine and growing well.
Donna

Old 28-05-2004, 02:05 PM
Benign Vanilla

"UTVOLVET84" wrote in message
Yes, the other lotus are both fine and growing well.
Donna

I say chuck it. As Meatload once said, "Two outta three ain't bad..."

BV.

Trailing Lotus-2254 (Lotus berthelotii) Maroochy[_4_] Garden Photos 0 16-09-2012 08:23 AM
My Rosa Rugosa Albas- dead or alive? VX United Kingdom 3 24-04-2005 01:48 AM
** Queen Palms / 2 dead, 2 dying, 2 alive / Ganoderma / Fungi ?? ** [email protected] Gardening 2 17-03-2005 11:36 AM
roots: dead or alive Larry Orchids 1 19-01-2005 04:49 AM
Lotus question, newbie to lotus claude rogers Ponds 1 02-06-2003 05:56 PM