Old 31-05-2004, 06:03 AM
lalu

Default All the Pond plants are dying

This is what my plants were doing this year too. I added the potash
with epsome salts too. 1oz of each per 1000 gallons of pond per week
for a month, then once/month after that if plants are greening up.
That is about one heaping tablespoon of each. Dilute them in water
and add to pond when fully dissolved. My potash is alternate
non-sodium watersoftening 'salt' potassium chloride (muriate of
potash) purchased in a 50# bag at a hardware store. Epsome salts can
be purchased in most drug stores. As suggested by others, I also add
1 tsp of chelated iron for each 1000 gallon treatment.

For my plants this was not an overnight fix, but after 3-4 weeks they
are indeed greening up and growing again, and the yellow plant
melt-away has stopped. Be patient, if this is the problem, it will
work.

For my water lilies, I add plant spikes once/month in addition to the
above water treatment. They seem to need more minerals than the
floaters.

Lalu

Hal wrote in message . ..
On Sun, 30 May 2004 17:09:14 GMT, "Philip Gould"
wrote:

Hello
I hope someone will help All of the pond plants are turning yellow and dying
mostly the waterlily water and hyacinths
We have a new pond 3000 gallon pond and the Ph is 7 which is supposed to be
fine the fish are happy the ammonia is fine but the nitrogen is a little
high Can you please help!

When the water hyacinths begin to turn pale and draw nutrients from
old leaves add Muriate of Potash at the rate of 1oz per 1,000 gallons.
(Plants must have potash to use phosphates.)

Magnesium deficiency shows same symptoms add 1 oz Epsom Salts per
1,000 gallons.

Regards,

Hal