Old 05-06-2004, 06:04 AM
Greg Costanzo

Default Waterfalls

Is there a way to make a waterfall without using foam or concrete???
I have extra EPDM liner and rocks and would love to figure out how to
make a nice waterfall. Please help a fellow ponder out!!
Old 05-06-2004, 11:06 AM
George

"Greg Costanzo" wrote in message
om...
Is there a way to make a waterfall without using foam or concrete???
I have extra EPDM liner and rocks and would love to figure out how to
make a nice waterfall. Please help a fellow ponder out!!

Sure. Depending on how the pond itself is set up, you can use dirt from digging
the pond to create a "ramp" of sorts outside the pond that inclines towards the
pond. Then use rocks along the side of the ramto make a lip to contain the
water. Then cover the whole thing with the piece of liner that you have, and
place the rocks for your falls onto the liner, taking care not to puncture the
liner. This is a simple way to do it. I'm sure others can give you better
instructions, or other designs. Good luck. The main issue is to somehow
contain the water within the sluiceway to prevent it from leaking.
Alternatively, you can buy a prefab waterfall.

Old 05-06-2004, 01:03 PM
Gareee©

You also need to remember to slant thr rocks slightly twoards the pond. One
of the biggest problems we had with our first waterfall, was almosrt 1/3 of
the water started flowing behind the rocks. That's why many people use great
stuff.. it creates a seal so the water has to flow in front of your fall.

It's pretty cheap, too.. only a few bucks a can...

--
Gareee©
Homepage:

Old 06-06-2004, 02:08 AM
The~Doofie~Man©

I just dug "steps" into the mound of dirt I had form the digging of the
pond. Then I placed the liner down and built up flat rocks to make different
levels. I'll be posting picks very shortly.

--
The~Doofie~Man ©
"LET ME SEE YOUR CIGARETTE LIGHTERS!!!!!"

Old 11-06-2004, 08:06 PM
~ jan JJsPond.us

"Greg Costanzo" wrote in message
Is there a way to make a waterfall without using foam or concrete???

My stream/waterfall is all dry stacked, no foam or concrete. You can see a
picture of before plants and after by clicking on *My Pond Photos* Page 3,
bottom. ~ jan http://users.owt.com/jjspond/

~Keep 'em Wet!~
Tri-Cities WA Zone 7a
To e-mail see website

Waterfalls Question- new one continuing thred... Gareee© Ponds 0 16-09-2003 05:22 PM
bonsai waterfalls Asla Group Bonsai 0 11-06-2003 12:08 AM
Rock edgings, creeks and waterfalls zookeeper Ponds 1 21-05-2003 02:32 PM
Anyone seen pre-made fiberglass or foam waterfalls on sale anywhere? Gareee Ponds 3 18-04-2003 03:32 AM
Rocks & Waterfalls new site!! Ask me Australia 0 05-04-2003 06:35 AM