Old 06-06-2004, 02:08 AM
The~Doofie~Man©

Default Going Green....AGAIN!!!

Okay I added a lot of plants & cover a few weeks ago. That cleaned most of
the green out pretty good. I also made the waterfall hit the pond a little
harder for better aeration.
Earlier this week we had a massive rain/hail storm here in Ontario. A lot of
muddy run off got into the pond. In fact I had to go out there in there in
that downpour & bail the pond out. It took 2 days to filter it out. There
seems to be a lot of silt/dirt in the pond. Is this the reason its starting
to go green again? I had some left over liner and got more dirt and built up
the low spot where the run off came in so that will not happen again.
What are the remedies for this, as I feel it must be going green again due
to all the dirt?
Add cleaner that's fish friendly ( I have 4 small gold fish...they seem very
happy)
Take some water, the plants & fish out of the pond, drain it and clean
everything then replace it with fresh water & wait a day to put everything
back in?
Or any other suggestions to the cause & solutions to this problem.

--
The~Doofie~Man ©
"LET ME SEE YOUR CIGARETTE LIGHTERS!!!!!"

Old 06-06-2004, 03:05 AM
Ka30P

If your pond goes green again most likely it will be because of the new water
added (from the rain) and the runoff mud.
Algae loves to nosh on sun, new water, fish waste, fertilized run off, rotting
plants, blown in dirt.
You've solved the problem of the runoff, it sounds like, but you can't do
anything when Mother Nature sends you free water changes.

Into every pond a little algae must fall. Algae grows in the artic. It is very
tough. It is important in the chain of life on our planet --- this said to
help you hang on thru the next bloom when it comes. Algae is goooooooood ;-)

But patience and human tinkering will win out. I drained my pond this spring,
in April, for maintenance, filled it up, 3,000 lovely new gallons. It went hazy
green and is just now to the point where I can see the bottom.

kathy :-)
Old 08-06-2004, 04:40 PM
Mosfunland

No don't empty it!!! You're likely to get a bloom after a heavy rain. It will
clear itself.......just have some patience, you've already found the right
combination...it was just that mother nature added some extra somethin
somethin....

Maureen