Old 15-06-2004, 01:02 PM
RainLover

Default big pond, initial plans... a picture

Hi everyone,

I've put up a really basic picture of my initial plans for the first of three
ponds for our 'sculpture park'. There will either be a moon bridge to the
island or I'll have a bridge I can move away after a sculpture is installed in
that location.

It's a brand new web site for forgive the simpleness of it....

www.mistyandjames.com

Thanks,
James

www.jameskelseystudios.com

Old 15-06-2004, 03:06 PM
George

"RainLover" wrote in message
Hi everyone,

I've put up a really basic picture of my initial plans for the first of three
ponds for our 'sculpture park'. There will either be a moon bridge to the
island or I'll have a bridge I can move away after a sculpture is installed in
that location.

It's a brand new web site for forgive the simpleness of it....

www.mistyandjames.com

Thanks,
James

www.jameskelseystudios.com

I can definitely say that I am envious of the space you have for creating a
pond. Good luck, and keep us posted on your progress.

Old 15-06-2004, 03:06 PM
Benign Vanilla

"RainLover" wrote in message
Hi everyone,

I've put up a really basic picture of my initial plans for the first of

three
ponds for our 'sculpture park'. There will either be a moon bridge to the
island or I'll have a bridge I can move away after a sculpture is

installed in
that location.

It's a brand new web site for forgive the simpleness of it....

www.mistyandjames.com

Your water is a bit blue. You might want to test that before you put fish
in.

BV.

Old 15-06-2004, 03:06 PM
Benign Vanilla

"RainLover" wrote in message
Hi everyone,

I've put up a really basic picture of my initial plans for the first of

three
ponds for our 'sculpture park'. There will either be a moon bridge to the
island or I'll have a bridge I can move away after a sculpture is

installed in
that location.

It's a brand new web site for forgive the simpleness of it....

www.mistyandjames.com

My only concern is the grading of the yard. From that picture it appears you
are putting the pond directly in the pat of the run off from the yard and
the road. Is that accurate?

BV.

Old 15-06-2004, 04:05 PM
Gareee©

"Benign Vanilla" wrote in message

My only concern is the grading of the yard. From that picture it appears

you
are putting the pond directly in the pat of the run off from the yard and
the road. Is that accurate?

I was kind of curious as well.. it looks like a stream is coming from up
hill, and that means a LOT of water will have to be pumped up to make that
stream, unless it'll be very small.

--
Gareee©
Homepage:

Old 15-06-2004, 05:05 PM
RainLover

On Tue, 15 Jun 2004 09:16:33 -0400, "Benign Vanilla"
wrote:

"RainLover" wrote in message
.. .
Hi everyone,

I've put up a really basic picture of my initial plans for the first of

three
ponds for our 'sculpture park'. There will either be a moon bridge to the
island or I'll have a bridge I can move away after a sculpture is

installed in
that location.

It's a brand new web site for forgive the simpleness of it....

www.mistyandjames.com

My only concern is the grading of the yard. From that picture it appears you
are putting the pond directly in the pat of the run off from the yard and
the road. Is that accurate?

BV.

Quite the astute observer you are, BV. I'll be building up a burm on the road
side of the pond to create a better drainage ditch for the road than the one
that exists there now... actually, the entire area of the future pond is at
the 'low spot' of the pond and I'll br raising the area around the entire
thing.. I'm even looking into raising the Willow about 5' up from where it now
sits.

Some of the yard will still drain towards the pond, but all of the lawn will
be leaving and being replaced with more natural materials and trails.

James, Seattle (actually Port Orchard), Washington, USA, Earth

Old 15-06-2004, 05:06 PM
RainLover

On Tue, 15 Jun 2004 10:34:22 -0400, "Gareee©"
wrote:

"Benign Vanilla" wrote in message

My only concern is the grading of the yard. From that picture it appears

you
are putting the pond directly in the pat of the run off from the yard and
the road. Is that accurate?

I was kind of curious as well.. it looks like a stream is coming from up
hill, and that means a LOT of water will have to be pumped up to make that
stream, unless it'll be very small.

The stream will be coming down the hill and across the yard. A question of
just how much of a pump will be needed will come later, but it will be a large
one... or possibly two, one always-on smaller pump, and then a much larger
pump that can be turned on for daytime enjoyment or just when clients and
visitors are coming over.

The filtration system will hopefully be in a room inside that hill (yet to be
built).

James, Port Orchard, Washington, USA, Earth