Old 19-06-2004, 10:07 AM
Lisa

Default Settling Chamber out of 70g stock tank - How to create drain system (for flat bottomed tanks?)

Sean - It won't dip. These tanks are amazingly strong.

I think tilting wouldn't be bad as I only need to have the water run
down. So only a slight (probably imperceivable) tilt is needed.

It was recommended to me to use a product called "Vinyl Patch" to
slightly cone the bottom to the drain. I've not used it before (or
any product like that).
Wondering if any one has played with it.

Sean Dinh wrote in message ...
Dig the hole for the tank. Dig the center deeper. The weight of the water will bow the middle of
the rubermaid tank's bottom, making sloped center. There is no need to pretreat it with a heat
gun.

Don't tilt the tank. It's weird that way.

Lisa wrote:

Yes - that's how it will be. Bottom drain enters bottom area, water
leaves settle/vortex from the top. In the middle of the tank.

Just looking for ways to drain it easy. Wish I could heat gun it a
bit to dip down in the center, but I don't have the know-how or tools.
So I'll probably just tilt the tank to one corner.

Flat Bottomed Urns AJP Ponds 1 30-05-2011 10:55 PM
Settling Chamber out of 70g stock tank - How to create drain system Sean Dinh Ponds 0 19-06-2004 01:09 AM
Settling Chamber out of 70g stock tank - How to create drain system (for flat bottomed tanks?) Lisa Ponds 6 19-06-2004 01:07 AM
Settling Chamber out of 70g stock tank - How to create drain system (for ... Karen Mullen Ponds 0 18-06-2004 07:03 AM
Settling chamber plans Cybe R. Wizard Ponds 8 07-05-2003 05:08 AM