Old 20-06-2004, 01:02 AM
Sally

Default Koi are dieing!

We've had koi for about 8 years, and they're suddenly dieing. We
pumped out the pond, and put in fresh water. After waiting about a
week, we put in a new koi. It's been about 3 weeks. He appeared to be
fine, but we just found him dead. We made a mortar repair on the
waterfall in the spring, but we've done that before and never had any
problem. Also, we've done a complete water change since then. Any
ideas? We're puzzled and could use your help.
Old 20-06-2004, 03:04 AM
RichToyBox

Sally,

We really need some additional information. What is the pH, KH, ammonia,
nitrite readings as a minimum, nitrate if you can furnish it? What were the
symptoms (flashing, hiding, gasping, sores, etc.)? What type of water, well
or city, and if city do they chlorinate or chloramine treat? What
treatments if any other than water changes have you done? Any other
pertinent info like insecticide spraying near pond, fertilizer, or other.
--
RichToyBox
om...

Old 21-06-2004, 03:08 PM
*muffin*

are other koi dying., than the one you bought?

where did you buy the koi from? did you quarantine it for any length of
time?

last year I had a disaster, from NOT quarantining my newly purchased koi.
the seller got a 'bad' batch of koi in, (it wiped out most of his stock
also). the 'new' koi started dying after 1 week, then the rest of my koi
died, I only had about $60. worth of koi in the pond previous, so it wasn't
a HUGE loss, & the seller did replace the koi he sent to me. (not one
goldfish was affected)

the koi I received probably had KHV(?) I think it takes about 2 weeks for
incubation. & this is still a major problem in koi shipments.

now, since I have bigger koi & it would be a bigger disaster, I would now
quarantine anything.

om...

fantails dieing help! dkat Ponds 8 21-07-2003 02:14 AM
Need advice on goldfilsh dieing Wally Ponds 3 24-06-2003 04:32 PM
plants dieing? tom Ponds 4 02-06-2003 04:08 PM
babies dieing John Rutz Ponds 4 30-05-2003 01:56 AM
help! my cactus is dieing. Billy Gardening 7 12-03-2003 04:44 PM