Old 22-06-2004, 03:06 AM
Harry Boswell

Default New pond, feeding question

I've recently finished a small garden pond, about 9'x5', deepest part
is about 2 1/2 feet. I've got one water lily, a few water hyacinths,
and a couple of other small plants in it. Also 10 small (3")
goldfish. I've got to go out of town for a few days later this week,
and I'm wondering what to do about feeding the fish. My wife has some
of the weekend aquarium feeders for her classroom aquarium; we've
also got an automatic daily feeder (one of those revolving things) for
her aquariums. Would one of those be a good idea? Do I need to worry
about feeding them while I'm gone? It's hard for me to believe that
they could find food for themselves in the pond.

Thanks,
Harry Boswell
Old 22-06-2004, 04:05 AM
Charles

On Mon, 21 Jun 2004 20:53:50 -0500, Harry Boswell
wrote:

I've recently finished a small garden pond, about 9'x5', deepest part
is about 2 1/2 feet. I've got one water lily, a few water hyacinths,
and a couple of other small plants in it. Also 10 small (3")
goldfish. I've got to go out of town for a few days later this week,
and I'm wondering what to do about feeding the fish. My wife has some
of the weekend aquarium feeders for her classroom aquarium; we've
also got an automatic daily feeder (one of those revolving things) for
her aquariums. Would one of those be a good idea? Do I need to worry
about feeding them while I'm gone? It's hard for me to believe that
they could find food for themselves in the pond.

Thanks,
Harry Boswell

Don't worry, don't feed them. I routinely let mine go for a week or
two, sometimes a month or two. Longest was for two years, but the
pond was established. I had cat problems and wanted the fish to get
out of the habit of coming to the top whenever anything came around.

--

- Charles
-

Old 23-06-2004, 03:08 AM
Harry Boswell

Thanks!

On Mon, 21 Jun 2004 22:02:35 -0500, "Old Man"
wrote:

Go, they will find something to eat, bugs, moss, and your plants.
.. .