Old 22-06-2004, 06:13 PM

Default Roll Call

Southern Illinois ZONE 6

Old 16-07-2004, 05:03 AM
CRC

Another Idahoan here. Have a 4000 gal pond, grandson built it for me after
I retired. He was 18 and I was 70 something going on 35., but even w/our
combined age we were dumber than a box of rocks about a pond..Made a lot of
mistakes, did somethings right and some wrong, found this highly
intelligent and very helpful group and after three years of ups and downs I
think we are finally getting it..Now he is off to Iraq and I am left alone
to figure things out...Have Big Moma Koi, a silver and an orange fantail
koi and a new one about 6"...along w/3 shubunkins and some little goldies.
I love my pond and w/I'm not cleaning houses (have to do that to pay for
pond plants etc) I'm in the pond or very near it..A lot of work but as long
as I can hobble out there that is where I'll be. Have to have it beautiful
when my grandson returns.
Connie,Boise

Old 16-07-2004, 01:02 PM
Mosfunland

Hi Connie

Good to meet you on the list, I'll keep you gran in my prayers.....I bet he
thinks of that pond often.

Maureen in Phila
Old 16-07-2004, 04:04 PM
Pinkpggy

[...]

I am in Boise, too, Connie. Our pond is 1,050 gallons so its not quite as big
as yours. We started out with a 50 gallon preformed pond 3 years ago, went to
a 270 gallon one and this year went to this one. As far as being dumber than
rocks, I think my hubby and I could write a book about the "don'ts" of doing a
pond. LOL The "do's" were easy to learn.

Jan
"Our Pond" Page
http://hometown.aol.com/pinkpggy/index.html
Old 19-07-2004, 10:02 PM
W. Dale

Colorado Springs, CO
Pond is 1 year old, or was a year old. Drained it in march to remove
some shelving and repair a leak. 20 koi (small) and 5 gold fish. About
5,000 gal (irregular shaped, 19' X 21', 52" deep)
Anyone have a UV filter they do not need anymore?
Have a Great DAY!

Pinkpggy wrote:
Idaho here. Been ponding now 3 years. Started with a small 50 gallon
preformed, went to a 270 gallon preformed, now have a 1,050 liner pond.
Ponding does get in your blood. LOL

Old 19-07-2004, 10:02 PM
WilsonKKW

Kathy in Northern Maryland.
Pond born in May'04
5000 gallons with waterfall.
pond contains.....
9 Koi,4 Comets,1 Catfish each 4'',3Apple snails,plants.3 Irises,3 Water
Hyiancanth.2 Parrot feathers, 2 Lily Pads,
I may seem overstocked , but it is fine for there size, but we are not raising
pizes fish. And winter may takes toll(

Old 21-07-2004, 10:12 PM
Newbie Bill

If that's really 5000 gals and not 5000 liters like some of our UK friends,
I'd say you have a long way to go before you are overstocked. That darn
thing money is always a factor but, unless you are planning on your 3 Water
Hyacinth becoming 30, you could use more plants without being overstocked
there.
Bill Brister - Austin, Texas