Old 25-06-2004, 01:04 AM
Mike Miller

Default connecting liners...any final advice?

I lurked and posted here for sometime getting my pond in shape (thanks!) and
am about to (sigh) enlarge my pond a bit in order to get the H2O circulating
better (guess I should have lurked a little more before starting).

I'll be using the liner prep, single sided and double sided tape, plus the
silicone caulk that seems to be the way to go. My only hesitation is that I
don't plan to pull the liner all the way out, thus it won't be flat when I
do the seaming.

Any final advice?

Old 25-06-2004, 01:04 AM
joe

On 6/24/04 4:14 PM, "Mike Miller" wrote:

I lurked and posted here for sometime getting my pond in shape (thanks!) and
am about to (sigh) enlarge my pond a bit in order to get the H2O circulating
better (guess I should have lurked a little more before starting).

I'll be using the liner prep, single sided and double sided tape, plus the
silicone caulk that seems to be the way to go. My only hesitation is that I
don't plan to pull the liner all the way out, thus it won't be flat when I
do the seaming.

Any final advice?

Will it be possible to pull it out far enough to get something flat under
it, like a 2x10 or something? I would want to use something so that I could
compress the pieces together with one of those small "J" rollers you use for
seaming wallpaper or attaching vinyl sealant.

I think the problem with not having it flat will be the possibility of
having some place where the liner and tape don't meet as tight as they
should.

Joe

Old 25-06-2004, 03:07 PM
Benign Vanilla

"Mike Miller" wrote in message
I lurked and posted here for sometime getting my pond in shape (thanks!)

and
am about to (sigh) enlarge my pond a bit in order to get the H2O

circulating
better (guess I should have lurked a little more before starting).

I'll be using the liner prep, single sided and double sided tape, plus the
silicone caulk that seems to be the way to go. My only hesitation is that

don't plan to pull the liner all the way out, thus it won't be flat when I
do the seaming.

Any final advice?

if the tape says you need 24 hours for a seal, give it 24 hours! I didn't
when I joined my stream liner, and I have a leak. When you try to fix the
leak, triple expanding foam is a bad idea. Overtime is absorbs water,
becomes saturated, and then leaches water even faster.

If/When I join another liner, I will take the time to dry it, clean it well,
join it and leave it for at least 48 hours with big heavy rocks on top to
make sure the seal is perfect.

On a side note, we are still in a holding pattern to fix our leak. We had
more frog spawn in the VF, so I can't shut the stream down without harming
them. So I can't repair the leak, not cement over the patch as I plan to do.

BV.

Greenseal Rubber Pond Liners & Lake Liners FLP Ponds 2 06-04-2010 11:34 PM
Greenseal Rubber Pond Liners & Lake Liners FLP Marketplace 0 10-02-2010 09:30 AM
Connecting a pond pump Mike NG Ponds 5 20-07-2004 05:03 AM
Connecting garden statuary PVC Dave Gardening 8 12-07-2004 03:02 PM
Connecting Preformed liner and epdmLINER Hey DJ Jeff Ponds 2 24-04-2003 03:44 AM