Old 25-06-2004, 01:03 PM
pixi

Default Wish me Luck!

Today I crawl into my new pond and start lifting rocks out. Am still hoping
to get that filter raised and find the leak. It's a slow leak. It is
raining so much that the pond is not draining down to the leak.

I think it is where the liner is attached to the skimmer but don't know.
And I want the rocks that the landscaper lined the pond with out of the
water. That @#$%^ landscaper promised me last fall that he would come back
in April and finish the job. It is almost July so I don't think h e'll be
here any time soon.

At least I will probably have more muscle when it's finished. Again, wish
me luck. I'll need it.

Pixi

Old 25-06-2004, 02:02 PM
Gareee©

"pixi" wrote in message

That @#$%^ landscaper promised me last fall that he would come back
in April and finish the job. It is almost July so I don't think h e'll be
here any time soon.

Last year when we had our land graded for our new house, we heard this
saying from more then one person, when we had grading issues with the
grader...

"If he's not a grader, he's not a liar"....

Apologies to any graders that might be lurking, but we had MAJOR issues with
even just getting our grader to show up when he had promised to.... the work
was very well done, but getting him to actually do it was like pulling
teeth.

--
Gareee©
Homepage:

Old 26-06-2004, 11:09 PM
Mike Patterson

On Fri, 25 Jun 2004 07:36:12 -0400, "pixi" wrote:

Today I crawl into my new pond and start lifting rocks out. Am still hoping
to get that filter raised and find the leak. It's a slow leak. It is
raining so much that the pond is not draining down to the leak.

I think it is where the liner is attached to the skimmer but don't know.
And I want the rocks that the landscaper lined the pond with out of the
water. That @#$%^ landscaper promised me last fall that he would come back
in April and finish the job. It is almost July so I don't think h e'll be
here any time soon.

At least I will probably have more muscle when it's finished. Again, wish
me luck. I'll need it.

Pixi

FWIW, I had to put rocks -in- my pond to keep the liner from floating
up during heavy rains. Seems water was getting under the liner, which
would float upwards, then when the rain stopped and teh water level
dropped, the liner would sink. The net result was that it looked like
the pond had a major leak, as it would be 6-7 inches low 2 days after
the rain.

Lots of people say that gravel in the pond is a Bad Thing, so I put
about 10 -large- rocks in the bottom, and I've not had that problem
again.

Besides that, the rocks in the bottom look good, and some of them are
stacked so the fish have a place to hide when a heron comes by for
lunch.

HTH
Mike
Mike Patterson
Please remove the spamtrap to email me.
"I always wanted to be somebody. I should have been more specific..."

Wish me luck Franklinia effort. Bill[_13_] Gardening 3 26-08-2008 02:39 PM
Wish me luck! Alan Holmes United Kingdom 5 24-05-2005 09:45 AM
Wish me luck gng Ponds 11 10-08-2004 01:55 AM
Great luck with CA online store Djay Freshwater Aquaria Plants 0 27-02-2003 05:16 AM
My Bad Fish Luck Continues Guys. Just Me \Koi\ Ponds 10 04-02-2003 02:23 PM