Old 27-06-2004, 11:04 PM
Cuk

Default extension

I have a pond which I wish to make larger. the extension will be a shallower
area. the original pond has four sides I wish to lower one of these to join
with the extension, I think I will be able to do this and then I am hoping
to be able to fit a new liner in the extension area and over lap it. I did
not really want to place a new liner the size of the whole pond . does any
one know if this would be possible.

Old 28-06-2004, 02:02 PM
Benign Vanilla

"Cuk" wrote in message
I have a pond which I wish to make larger. the extension will be a

shallower
area. the original pond has four sides I wish to lower one of these to

join
with the extension, I think I will be able to do this and then I am hoping
to be able to fit a new liner in the extension area and over lap it. I did
not really want to place a new liner the size of the whole pond . does any
one know if this would be possible.

It's possible, but be sure to take care in joining the new liner to the old,
and follow the directions on the material you use to join the liners. You
don't want to have to deal with a bad seal later on. I am doing that now,
because I was impatient, and it stinks.

BV.

Old 28-06-2004, 11:14 PM
Cuk

Good advise BV....the only thing stopping me from using a large liner for
the whole project is that I don't want to drain the pond. there are a few
reasons one being that I have a large frog community which I encourage and
in June when I have the time to do the extension there will still be
tadpoles to consider.

www.frogs-watch.co.uk

Old 29-06-2004, 01:07 AM
RichToyBox

Just overlapping will not work. You will need to use a seaming material.
Some of these are double face tape, single face tape, liquid cements, etc.
To get these to work, the surfaces being seamed need to be clean, dry, and
pressure needs to be applied to the seam to be sure that a seal is complete.
Without the seaming material the water will flow through the overlap as a
very large leak.
--
RichToyBox