Old 02-07-2004, 07:04 PM
SVTKate

Default OK - Here's My Plan

No Abby, you are not normal.

I have met online friends from Ireland, Canada, Australia, Alaska, Texas,
California, Nevada, Oklahoma and lord only knows where else.

The trick here is to know who you are meeting. It seems you have known the
folks in this group a long while. You would have been able to tell if they
were not worth meeting right away. I say, grab your sweetie, and go for it!
Your friends online are so much better in person. Then the next time someone
types in a catch phrase, you are able to visualize their face and hear their
voice.

You won't regret it!

Kate
aka: YB Normal

Old 02-07-2004, 07:04 PM
SVTKate

FOFLMFAO!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Kate

Old 02-07-2004, 08:04 PM
Nedra

Oh Gosh, BV. Not the way grubber was talking. This conversation
is really getting out of hand.... errr somethin' - -

I agree with you in being SCARED to meet the onliners... I much prefer
the Visions I have to RL.

Nedra

"Benign Vanilla" wrote in message

"Nedra" wrote in message
ink.net...
OPPS ! Sorry BV, it has been a looong time since I was accused of

taunting
a hubby away from home ;-) .... humm, guess I'll have to think of

another
way to get this done. lol

snip

I must admit, maybe grubber is right. Were you inviting me over to split
your tubors, or were you inviting me over to SPLIT YOUR TUBORS?

BV.

Old 02-07-2004, 08:04 PM
Nedra

Thanks for the compliments, Kate. I'm in Zone 6 here.. so I think
our climate is 'close' - you guys may be in zone 7 though. My brother
lives
in Sikeston, MO - zone 7 ... and he is north of Memphis so, I'm guessing
you
are probably zone 7ish too. A pier is very attractive ... I wanted one too
but couldn't find a carpenter who'd do the work.

Good Luck with your pond.

Nedra

"SVTKate" wrote in message
nk.net...
HI Nedra

I travelled to your site and peeked at your ponds. They are beautiful!
I think our climate here in west Tennessee is similar to yours in

Missouri.
I hope in a few years to ahve our pond as pretty as yours.

I would love to have a pier that went out over ours and some pretty

bloomers
in the water. First I have to deal with the erosion problems we are having
on the banks (translated that means a dump truck full of rocks) and then
figure out where to start.

Kate

"Nedra" wrote in message
nk.net...
| BV ... I'd like for a couple of you to plan to come to my house (in
| Missouri)
| next March and Divide the Lotus garden. Then we can box and ship out
| to folks who want them? I have only three kinds of lotus - MPDS,
Perry's

Old 02-07-2004, 09:03 PM
Benign Vanilla

"Nedra" wrote in message
nk.net...
Oh Gosh, BV. Not the way grubber was talking. This conversation
is really getting out of hand.... errr somethin' - -

I agree with you in being SCARED to meet the onliners... I much prefer
the Visions I have to RL.

Nedra

snip

Nedra maybe we should start an on-line suppor group for people afraid to
meet their on-line friends in RL. We'll have to meet on-line of course.

BV.

Old 04-07-2004, 01:04 AM
SVTKate

Thank you for the kind words Nedra,
You are right, we are a 7. Sure is nice though.

We are about 120 miles east of Memphis.

Kate

"Nedra" wrote in message
ink.net...
| Thanks for the compliments, Kate. I'm in Zone 6 here.. so I think
| our climate is 'close' - you guys may be in zone 7 though. My brother
| lives
| in Sikeston, MO - zone 7 ... and he is north of Memphis so, I'm guessing
| you
| are probably zone 7ish too. A pier is very attractive ... I wanted one
too
| but couldn't find a carpenter who'd do the work.
|
| Good Luck with your pond.
|
| Nedra
| http://www.geocities.com/Heartland/Pines/4836
| http://community.webshots.com/user/nedra118
|
| "SVTKate" wrote in message
| nk.net...
| HI Nedra
|
| I travelled to your site and peeked at your ponds. They are beautiful!
| I think our climate here in west Tennessee is similar to yours in
| Missouri.
| I hope in a few years to ahve our pond as pretty as yours.
|
| I would love to have a pier that went out over ours and some pretty
| bloomers
| in the water. First I have to deal with the erosion problems we are
having
| on the banks (translated that means a dump truck full of rocks) and then
| figure out where to start.
|

| Kate
|

| "Nedra" wrote in message
| nk.net...
| | BV ... I'd like for a couple of you to plan to come to my house (in
| | Missouri)
| | next March and Divide the Lotus garden. Then we can box and ship out
| | to folks who want them? I have only three kinds of lotus - MPDS,
| Perry's
| | Super Red and Chawan Basu. The garden is so overgrown I don't know how
| | we'll be able to tell the difference ...
| |
| | How 'bout it, BV?
| |

Old 04-07-2004, 05:02 AM
Gail Futoran

BV - I don't think you're abby-normal at all. I had
the advantage of meeting several other Xena fans
at an Austin convention (I live only about 70 miles
SW of Austin) - so that was a public setting. Then
more meetings with other "local" fans, at restaurants
then finally at house parties. Then the British fan
showed up and visited everyone. Well, heck, I
couldn't let a Brit show up a Yankee on July 4th
weekend, could I? And I had correspondended
often with the people we visited in KC, so it
worked out just fine.

I'll bet, under the right circumstances, you would
have no problem meeting online pals in person.

Anyhoo, that's way OT but Happy July 4th
(almost).

Gail
"Benign Vanilla" wrote in
message ...

"Gail Futoran" wrote in

message

snip
Make it a party. Maybe you'll get a couple
takers. Several years ago I drove from San
Antonio TX to Kansas City KS to spend July
4th weekend with a woman and her family
whom I had only known from online contacts!
Worked out great, too. I even took a British
guest with me. I'd only known him from
online, too. (Xena fans - what can I say...)
Funny thing, the Brit shot off all the fireworks
while the Americans looked on. Strange,
but fun.

snip

OK time for a potential overshare...

Am I the only that is mortally afraid of meeting my

on-line friends in RL? I

Old 05-07-2004, 07:02 AM
~ jan JJsPond.us

mortally afraid of meeting my on-line friends in RL?
Am I Abby Normal or what?

Kind of amazes one that young teenagers get themselves in trouble by
meeting up with someone they met on the internet, who turns out to be a
dirty old man, doesn't it? If only they were mortally and morally afraid.

Since I run a local e-mail list on water gardening topics I often meet
people I send E's too. I always feel kind of shy around them, mostly
because they know more about me, thru what I type and my website, than I
know about them. Usually goes away real soon once I get them talking about
themselves. )

Ponders are pretty down to earth people, hard to get up and move after
putting that much energy into a project, so we're hardly fly-by-nighters. I
once ordered a koi necklace off the net from a home business. They didn't
take credit cards, so I was asking if I needed to get a cashier's check to
get it sent to me asap. They said no, a personal check was fine, they'd
sent it right out as they hadn't had a ponder's check bounce yet. ~ jan

Old 06-07-2004, 01:02 PM
Happy'Cam'per

"Benign Vanilla" wrote in message

We may even swap tubor splitting
partners just for fun.

YAY! we can start a new group called alt.swinging.tubor.splitters
Kind of like a MASS PORGasm.....LOL!
--
**So long, and thanks for all the fish!**

Old 06-07-2004, 10:03 PM
Susan H. Simko

Nedra wrote:

I agree with you in being SCARED to meet the onliners... I much prefer
the Visions I have to RL.

I have met lots of people I know from online in RL. Last time was last
week. *grin* My two closest friends in the world are people I
originally met online. OTOH, all of them are people I met via mailing
lists I belong to as opposed to newsgroups.

I always take some safety precautions - drive myself, meet in a public
place, have a cell phone on me, and a family member always knows where
I'm at and when I'm expected home. Heck, that's just standard operating
procedure period - one that was drilled into me as a teenager dating.
Exception was the cell phone but mom always made sure I had money for a
payphone.

Susan
shsimko[@]duke[.]edu
Old 07-07-2004, 08:02 AM
~ jan JJsPond.us

Well I can sure see your moniker "Happy'Cam'per" sure fits.

It was bad enough when someone came up with, Porg E Pig.
I tell ya, I'm hanging my head in shame. What was it? The Borg needed to
regenerated and I guess some Porgs need to degenerate. ~ jan

"Benign Vanilla" not so innocently wrote:

We may even swap tubor splitting
partners just for fun.

On Tue, 6 Jul 2004 "Happy'Cam'per" proclaimed:

Old 07-07-2004, 03:02 PM
Happy'Cam'per

"~ jan JJsPond.us" wrote in message
s.com...

Well I can sure see your moniker...

MONIKER Lewinski?
Sure , she can come too. I'm sure she'll be a great addition to our Swinging
Tubor splitting parties. I hear she sucks Tubors through an airhose no
problem
--
**So long, and thanks for all the fish!**

OK, here's a plan Seth Hammond Ponds 0 25-12-2007 09:51 PM
here here now, this poking at my daughter has to stop! Momma McKoi Ponds 0 15-05-2005 10:57 PM
OK here is the plan for water change, I think? Webfoot Ponds 16 28-07-2004 01:05 AM
OT but funny: "God's Diet Plan" jc Gardening 0 26-01-2003 06:30 AM
OT but funny: "God's Diet Plan" Polar Edible Gardening 3 26-01-2003 06:30 AM