Old 02-07-2004, 03:02 AM
Gareee©

Default WalMarts water lilies

"~ Windsong ~" wrote in message

That's good to hear! They're the best deal on water lilies I've ever

seen.
Had I known they would do so well and be so healthy I would have bought
more. I'm happy to know someone else also had luck with them.

Since lilies grow so fast you'll probably have to soon replant them. The
rose spikes I buy are a fraction of the price of those made for pond

plants
(I hate being ripped off) and the lilies thrive on them. I break them in
half or in thirds and stuff them down in the soil. I'll fertilize them
again around August 1st. I'm taking pics all summer and will add some to

my
webpages soon.
--
Carol....

Cool! I'll have to keep my eyes on ours. No flowers yet though...

--
Gareee©
Homepage:

Old 02-07-2004, 07:03 AM
Karen Mullen

In article , "~ Windsong ~"
writes:

The pond plants Lowe's carries now aren't worth the packaging they're
displayed in. Most were already dead or rotting when they put them on the
sales table.

must be store management as I bot some of their plants and they are thriving,
were healthy when purchased and grew right from the start.

Karen
Zone 5
Ashland, OH
http://hometown.aol.com/kmam1/MyPond/MyPond.html
My Art Studio at
http://members.aol.com/kmmstudios/K....M.Studios.html
for email remove the extra extention

Old 03-07-2004, 11:02 PM
Pam Gibbs

Really DUMB question here!

Did they come in those tall narrow baskets that are sealed all the way
around and have a very small opening on the top? How do you open them to
get the plant out? I have two that I would like to put in larger
containers but I cant get those dern plastic things open.

Thanks!

"~ Windsong ~" wrote in message
This spring I picked up about 1/2 a dozen of those $4.88 water lilies at
Wal-Mart. They were guaranteed to live and looked healthy enough,

although
small. Using the useless little pots they came in for smaller plants I

put
the WM lilies in large roomy pots of heavy clay soil and added some
rose-bush spikes. They're doing beautifully. One is a small miniature

less
than 2 ½' across with small orangey colored flowers that turn pink by the
3rd day. What a little beauty! :-) This little lily would be excellent
for whiskey barrel gardens.

The others are a pretty cupped white, a deep red and 2 reddish pinks

types.
If you have a limited budget these are worth checking out next spring.
--
Carol....
"Protons have mass? I didn't even know they were Catholic."