Old 05-07-2004, 12:02 AM
Pam Gibbs

Default What plants for veggie filter in hot, humid, south MS?

What plants are good for veggie filter in hot humid climates? Is there
someplace you can buy them this time of year? Thanks!

Old 05-07-2004, 04:05 AM
Jim and Phyllis Hurley

HI Pam,

We are in Clinton. Where are you? Your local resevoir or lake should have
water hyacinth. They are GREAT for veggie filters. Phyllis and I use water
celery as well. If you get by this way, we could load you up!

Jim

Ask me about Jog-A-Thon fundraiser (clears $120+ per child) at: jogathon.net

Old 05-07-2004, 04:03 PM
Pam Gibbs

Well, hello!

Hattiesburg. I guess it's time for another game of frisbee golf / water
plant scouting at Johnson State Park.

Thanks!

My pond is quite small. It's in an old ski boat, and has only had water in
it for a couple of weeks. I have a couple of Walmart water lilies in it and
they seem to be doing well. I already had pickeral plant growing in an old
sink-turned-birdbath. It has already settled into it's new home and is
blooming. I have some iris, which are for the time being in the old sink..
My husband made a filter pond for me yesterday and all it needs now are
plants for the top. My goal is to get it up and running this year and worry
about plants and fish next year, when all the other stuff is in place and we
have fixed all our mistakes!

Thanks!

.. .

"Pam Gibbs" wrote in message
What plants are good for veggie filter in hot humid climates? Is there
someplace you can buy them this time of year? Thanks!

It was hot and humid...I tell you. mis weeding Bill who putters Edible Gardening 5 18-07-2010 01:56 PM
Hot hot hot hot! PC Australia 1 10-01-2010 11:38 AM
how much can plants absorb water from the atmosphere from humid days? [email protected] Plant Science 1 05-08-2008 10:33 AM
Hot Humid Rose growers Ol' Thornfinger Roses 2 13-05-2003 08:44 PM