Old 06-07-2004, 03:04 PM
Fred5454

Default sunfish/bluegills

someone please explain to me why I'll be sorry if I toss in some wild-caught
Sunfish in my 2000 gallon koi and goldfish pond. My kids think it would be
cool and I know deep down that it MUST be a bad idea but I need someone smarter
than me to tell me why. Thanks all.
Old 06-07-2004, 04:03 PM
Bob Koerber

Fred5454 wrote:

someone please explain to me why I'll be sorry if I toss in some wild-caught
Sunfish in my 2000 gallon koi and goldfish pond. My kids think it would be
cool and I know deep down that it MUST be a bad idea but I need someone smarter
than me to tell me why. Thanks all.

As long as you koi and goldfish are big enough then no problem there. the main problem is introducing parasites and disease from the wild fish so you might want to quarantine them for an extended period.

Bob
Old 08-07-2004, 02:02 AM
bluegill phil

They can reproduce wildly and fill your pond up which means catch
either a bass or warmouth or two and stock it/them later, which
wouldnt hurt with the gold fish that I hear like to reproduce freely .
Mine eat koi food and mosqitoe larve well. Also common fathead minnows
are cool.