Old 11-07-2004, 08:06 AM
Grumpy

Default Newbie ponder...take a look

I am in the beginning stages of building my pond. Please take a look of
what I have so far and let me know what you think. Any and all
suggestions welcome, i.e. pump size location and type, filters, plants,
thanks. I have books and video's, now I'd like to tap into this
recource, thanks.
http://home.comcast.net/~grumpy232/pondpage.htm
I will be doing fish, but not for another year or so. I might build a
false bottom to keep my 2 year old from taking a swim. Or a fence.
Thanks again

Old 11-07-2004, 08:06 AM
Grumpy

I would also like input on under water lighting. Thanks. Oh and that's
"resource". Comments on 3 tributaries into pond, too much?

Old 11-07-2004, 12:04 PM
SVTKate

HI Ya Grumpy,
I am prett ynew to this group, so all I can offer is words of encouragement.
I think your design is very pretty.
When you are all done it should be lovely!

Kate

Old 11-07-2004, 11:03 PM
Ka30P

Grumpy wrote Comments on 3 tributaries into pond,

Will add lots of oxygen to the pond for the fish.
My only concern would be water agitation if you want to have lilies. They like
fairly calm water. But all that depends on the drop into the water, how fast it
flows, if you have plants blocking some of the water movement.
Looks like you are off to a good start and we'd love to help you along ;-)

kathy :-)
algae primer
Old 14-07-2004, 03:04 PM
Grumpy

[Lurker rises]
I know little about ponds, but is your wall as it seems, dry-laid
block, or did you use mortar and tie it into the landscaping?

rebarbed and cemented into the ground

Are you
in a climate that gets rain or snow?

yes

As for the fence on your side you must protect your children and
visitors.

a fence will go up
People in the next town over lost a 16 month old to drowning
in a 2 foot pond.

our worst nightmare

[Lurker sinks back into the pool]