Old 15-07-2004, 08:05 AM
Grumpy

Default Newbie ponder...take a look

I am in the beginning stages of building my pond. Please take a look of
what I have so far and let me know what you think. Any and all
suggestions welcome, i.e. pump size location and type, filters, plants,
thanks. I have books and video's, now I'd like to tap into this
recource, thanks.
http://home.comcast.net/~grumpy232/pondpage.htm
I will be doing fish, but not for another year or so. I might build a
false bottom to keep my 2 year old from taking a swim. Or a fence.
Thanks again

Old 16-07-2004, 08:02 AM
Dsybok

If anything I would lessen the emphasis on the stream section of the pond,
of which I think you have more than enough, and open the left side up with
more general pond area. The balance between stream and pond seems a little
tilted towards stream right now, and narrowing it might make that more so.

"Grumpy" wrote in message

~ jan JJsPond.us wrote:

On Sun, 11 Jul 2004 06:41:12 GMT, Grumpy wrote:

I am in the beginning stages of building my pond. Please take a look of
what I have so far and let me know what you think. Any and all
suggestions welcome, i.e. pump size location and type, filters, plants,
thanks. I have books and video's, now I'd like to tap into this
recource, thanks.
http://home.comcast.net/~grumpy232/pondpage.htm
I will be doing fish, but not for another year or so. I might build a
false bottom to keep my 2 year old from taking a swim. Or a fence.
Thanks again

My only comments are, make the pond wider....

instead of wider, I might bring in the sides

and I highly recommend the
fence before you put water in, forget the false bottom as it may be

false
security, imho. ~ jan

a fence is a definite, it's just a matter of picking something nice

Old 17-07-2004, 12:07 AM
Pinkpggy

I know little about ponds, but is your wall as it seems, dry-laid
block, or did you use mortar and tie it into the landscaping?

Our waterfall is built with the more decorative blocks, but they are dry-laid.
They work great!!
Jan
"Our Pond" Page
http://hometown.aol.com/pinkpggy/index.html
Old 17-07-2004, 01:08 PM
Grumpy

I would also like input on under water lighting. Thanks. Oh and that's
"resource". Comments on 3 tributaries into pond, too much?

Old 17-07-2004, 10:03 PM
SVTKate

HI Ya Grumpy,
I am prett ynew to this group, so all I can offer is words of encouragement.
I think your design is very pretty.
When you are all done it should be lovely!

Kate