Old 14-07-2004, 10:07 PM
Grumpy

Default Pump and filters?

Miscalculation on pond size: 1800-2000 gallons

Grumpy wrote:
This guy at the pond store wants to sell me 2 filter at 500.00+ each. My
pond will be about 5-6k gallons. Suggestions?
pics he
http://home.comcast.net/~grumpy232/pondpage.htm

Old 19-07-2004, 06:09 PM
~ jan JJsPond.us

Well if you're in to DYI, even my filter, of which you'd need 2 for that
many gallons, would run you $500/each (includes all fittings, bottom drain
& skimmer), but if you used a cheaper media (as that was half the cost) you
could get by cheaper. Window screening would be my second choice after what
I currently use. ~ jan

See my ponds and filter design:
http://users.owt.com/jjspond/

~Keep 'em Wet!~
Tri-Cities WA Zone 7a
To e-mail see website

Old 02-08-2004, 11:16 PM
GoldLexus

Wow, Dave what a plan!!! That is going to be really an awsome pond/water
feature.
Here is a link to our waterfall if you are interested....
http://public.fotki.com/Nikkiekoala/our_garden/
You can kind of get an idea of what I was talking about at the pond shop.
Good luck with your pond I hope you post pictures when it is completed.
It was nice meeting you.
Nikkie

Old 03-08-2004, 07:21 AM
Grumpy

Wow, that is quite the water fall. How is the noise (sound) of the
splash? I'm trying to plan mine. I think it's going to be on the loud
side with the the 3 streams and all. I just got the boulders a couple of
days ago, I'll post soon. The big one is 1,100 lbs. Keep us posted on
your leak. And nice meeting you too. We should visit each other's ponds
and take notes! See ya soon. (stay out of those expensive pond shops!)

Old 04-08-2004, 07:21 AM
GoldLexus

The waterfall is loud BUT for us that is a good thing. Sunnyside is at our
back fence, it drowns out most traffic noise.
You have one boulder that is over 1000 pounds?! How on earth are you getting
it to your pond site?
My brother in law is coming over to take a look at the leak on Wed. we want
to make sure that we really know
that the leak is where we think. Then we will have to turn the fall off and
let things dry out. We are going to use mortar
instead of the GreatStuff we used before. Greatstuff is easier but obviously
didn't last long. Hubby still wants to use more GreatStuff but
I want it done right and to last.
Don't worry, I wont be at any pond shops unless I need to pick a brain or
two. I already found the PondFiltration 'media bags'
for $40.00 cheaper online.
Look forward to seeing your completed pond! Have fun.

Old 04-08-2004, 10:46 PM
Nedra

I'm really curious ... GoldLexus, where did you find the online PF media
bags?
I bought mine online but not for $40.00 cheaper

Nedra

Old 05-08-2004, 02:02 AM
GoldLexus

Nedra,
At Pondfiltrations website http://www.pondfiltration.com/filtermedia.html

It is $40.00 cheaper compared to local shops. Here in the local shops it
sells the media bags for $150-$165! Online $114.00 plus s&h.

nk.net...

Old 05-08-2004, 02:12 PM
Nedra

Thanks, GL! Your local prices are high then. PF online is where I got my
media bags - paid same as you did. Local price here in St. Louis, $132.

Nedra

"GoldLexus" wrote in message
Nedra,
At Pondfiltrations website http://www.pondfiltration.com/filtermedia.html

It is $40.00 cheaper compared to local shops. Here in the local shops it
sells the media bags for $150-$165! Online $114.00 plus s&h.

nk.net...

Old 10-08-2004, 10:58 PM

For wholesale to the public prices try
www.bestpondstuff.com
also for all your backyard needs try
www.backyard-lifestyle.com

Old 03-03-2005, 04:45 PM
dwizane

GoldLexus Wrote:
Nedra,
At Pondfiltrations website
http://www.pondfiltration.com/filtermedia.html

It is $40.00 cheaper compared to local shops. Here in the local shops
it
sells the media bags for $150-$165! Online $114.00 plus s&h.

"Nedra" wrote in message
nk.net...-
I'm really curious ... GoldLexus, where did you find the online PF
media
bags?
I bought mine online but not for $40.00 cheaper

Nedra

...-

"Grumpy" wrote in message

This guy at the pond store wants to sell me 2 filter at 500.00+---
each.-
My--
pond will be about 5-6k gallons. Suggestions?
pics he
http://home.comcast.net/~grumpy232/pondpage.htm

-

-

-

I have Pondfiltration filters on 3 ponds, 1 freshwater and 1 sal****er
aquarium. Luckily, i work for Pond FIltration, and make the media
bags,so i get mine for free. And i just learned that the price has come
down to 90$.

--
dwizane