Old 15-07-2004, 04:02 PM
Ka30P

Default OT GOOD LORD !!!

Oh, we've had lots of heated discussions before and we usually always bounce
back from them. It is a danger of *winter* when we've answered all the 'my pond
is frozen!! what do I do" questions and are bored. Political years are always
interesting, I actually used to have a liberal versus conservative ponders
ditty around some place.... based on Bill Clinton and Newt Gingrich.

kathy :-)
algae primer
Old 15-07-2004, 06:03 PM
Newbie Bill

I am beginning to think/practice that the solutions to these sorts of OT
discussions are 180 degrees the opposite of parasite problems in the pond.
If you ignore them they will probably dissipate or go away. If you try to
fix the problem they may just grow and bug you more instead.
As someone else mentioned I dont like them at all. This group is normally
such a wonderful group of friendly, helpful people sharing a common goal of
happy, healthy and harmonious ponds. But 'discussions' some of these OT
topics seem to bring out ill will, bad feelings and unnecessary name
calling. I for one would like to see them outlawed in this group. The only
thing that changes is some feelings about members of our group. As many have
told their kids over the years - "If you've gotta fight - take it outside."
Bill Brister - Austin, Texas

Old 16-07-2004, 05:03 AM
Crashj

"Newbie Bill" wrote in message om...

"If you've gotta fight - take it outside."
Bill Brister - Austin, Texas

I suggest alt.fan-cecil-adams for a moderate intellectual group with
hot political discussions. Do not travel there unarmed, however.
"Do not take a knife to a gun fight"
--
Crashj
Old 16-07-2004, 03:03 PM
Gail Futoran

"Crashj" wrote in message
om...
"Newbie Bill" wrote in

message
om...

"If you've gotta fight - take it outside."
Bill Brister - Austin, Texas

I suggest alt.fan-cecil-adams for a moderate intellectual

group with
hot political discussions. Do not travel there unarmed,

however.
"Do not take a knife to a gun fight"

Re that last statement: Depends on how good
one is with a knife or a gun, right? Check out Kill
Bill Vol. I and a certain fight in a kitchen.
And personally I'd take Willie Garvin & his knives
over just about any gun handler any day. (Well,
ok, *before* the final story in "Cobra Trap".)

Gail

--
Crashj

Old 22-07-2004, 07:35 PM
Gail Futoran

"Crashj" wrote in message
om...
"Newbie Bill" wrote in

message
om...

"If you've gotta fight - take it outside."
Bill Brister - Austin, Texas

I suggest alt.fan-cecil-adams for a moderate intellectual

group with
hot political discussions. Do not travel there unarmed,

however.
"Do not take a knife to a gun fight"

Re that last statement: Depends on how good
one is with a knife or a gun, right? Check out Kill
Bill Vol. I and a certain fight in a kitchen.
And personally I'd take Willie Garvin & his knives
over just about any gun handler any day. (Well,
ok, *before* the final story in "Cobra Trap".)

Gail

--
Crashj

GOOD LORD !!! TOMTOM OT OT OT Mary kate Ponds 13 27-07-2004 02:03 PM
GOOD LORD !!! TOM Mary kate Ponds 5 26-07-2004 07:31 PM
GOOD LORD !!! Mary kate Ponds 17 26-07-2004 11:02 AM
OT ~ Lord of the Rings - The Two Towers Tom La Bron Ponds 5 04-02-2003 08:08 PM
OT ~ Lord of the Rings - The Two Towers D Kat Ponds 13 30-01-2003 05:35 PM