Old 16-07-2004, 01:02 PM
GrannyGrump

Default Whew!!! Close call.

Did your power go out? I hope everything turned out ok for you. Wow, I've seen
some bad storms (even the 1974 tornados), but that was certainly one of the tops
on my list. Let me guess. Madison? No, that is perhaps too close. Veyvay?

It flashed out but was right back on... we didn't get those winds, but
my Mom on the west side of the county did....

Just a few miles NE of Madison

Want some goldfish? I am cleaning out my goldfish pond and giving away
all the small and medium sized ones.

Old 16-07-2004, 01:02 PM
George

"GrannyGrump" wrote in message

Did your power go out? I hope everything turned out ok for you. Wow, I've
seen
some bad storms (even the 1974 tornados), but that was certainly one of the
tops
on my list. Let me guess. Madison? No, that is perhaps too close. Veyvay?

It flashed out but was right back on... we didn't get those winds, but
my Mom on the west side of the county did....

Just a few miles NE of Madison

We had 80 mph winds in my part of the county. They were quite ferocious. Power
was out until yesterday morning.

Want some goldfish? I am cleaning out my goldfish pond and giving away
all the small and medium sized ones.

Funny you should ask this, because I was just out feeding my fish this A.M,
thinking it was time to cull the herd, so to speak. There is a pond dealer near
me,and I was thinking about seeing if he would trade about a 7 juveniles (5-6
inches), and about 6 fingerlings (about 1 1/2-2 inches) for a nice butterfly
koi. I had three others last year. One became catfish food when he
inadvertently tried to take the same morsel my catfish had his eye on. A second
one disappeared this winter, (I think to the cold). So I have one left, but he
is a real beauty. I want to keep my large female goldfish (about 10 inches),
and my largest, prettiest male (about 6 inches - long finned white tail). I
also have one solid white fingerling, one solid black that may or may not change
(the others already have, but this one hasn't, and he's no runt either - he's
actually the biggest fingerling of the bunch, and may turn out to be a female).
Then I have one fingerling that is orange and white. The rest are orange. I
want to keep the white one, and the orange and white, but get rid of the others.
My koi are starting to get big, so I want to make more room for them.

Old 16-07-2004, 05:03 PM
Crashj

" George" wrote in message . ..
"Crashj" wrote in message
om...
" George" wrote in message
.. .
Hi guys and gals. Well, the power went off here two days ago during a
ferocius storm which knocked out power to 100,000 homes and businesses
in the Louisville area. My power just came on just a while ago today.
I was beginning to have real concerns about my fish.

Small generators capable of 3000 watts can be had for less that $400.
You will need a lot of gasoline, of course.

Yes, I am aware of this. Try running one in the middle of the night in a
suburban neighborhood and see how long it takes before someone gets
violent over the noise.

So what happens to your fish when the Rapture comes??

I don't have a problem with raptors?

Snork! [laughter]

If noise is a concern go for the Honda portables which are demand
regulated. You cannot hear them at all from more than a few feet away.
--
Crashj
Old 17-07-2004, 12:08 AM
George

"Crashj" wrote in message
om...
" George" wrote in message
"Crashj" wrote in message
om...
" George" wrote in message
.. .
Hi guys and gals. Well, the power went off here two days ago during a
ferocius storm which knocked out power to 100,000 homes and businesses
in the Louisville area. My power just came on just a while ago today.
I was beginning to have real concerns about my fish.

Small generators capable of 3000 watts can be had for less that $400.
You will need a lot of gasoline, of course.

Yes, I am aware of this. Try running one in the middle of the night in a
suburban neighborhood and see how long it takes before someone gets
violent over the noise.

So what happens to your fish when the Rapture comes??

I don't have a problem with raptors?

Snork! [laughter]

Just kidding.

If noise is a concern go for the Honda portables which are demand
regulated. You cannot hear them at all from more than a few feet away.
--
Crashj

I bought a power inverter instead. 140 watts output, from radio shack. It
should let me run the water pump instead of just the air pump. My pump is 124
watts 1/6 hp.

Old 18-07-2004, 08:02 AM
Ka30P

And here I was feeling sorry for myself with a five hour power outage last
night. Temps were 101 when it went out though...

Jan tried something interesting, I'll e her so she can tell you about it. Her
DH bought it after we had a power outage last winter (19 below that day).
Something to do with car batteries and her ponds and fish tanks.

kathy :-)
algae primer

Kiss goodbye to international call charges! Now you can call abroadfor the price of a UK call! APNADIAL United Kingdom 8 31-07-2009 06:24 PM
Whew! That was close!! Mark and Kim Smith Ponds 3 01-09-2004 02:18 PM
Whew! That was close!! Mark and Kim Smith Ponds 6 01-09-2004 02:18 PM
Whew!!! Close call. George Ponds 36 28-07-2004 09:03 AM
how close is too close? griffon Gardening 3 27-04-2003 07:20 PM