Old 18-07-2004, 05:03 AM
Ka30P

Default Don't ask for whom the snail calls

We've discussed snails on and off over the years.
Some of us have strong opinions about them.
I rather liked them.
Notice the past tense...

Due to a number of factors, the biggest being my
inability to be prepared (I will turn in my all Girl Guide
badges) I lost all my koi this winter.

So I'll go with goldfish. I don't deserve koi.
And I noticed snails in the big pond for the first
time this summer. Charming thought I.

Today DS#2 weed whacked a bunch of grasses in the
old frog bog (another idiot mistake - never collect the
seeds of lovely six foot tall grasses from the lake for
your pond...) and much of it ended up in the pond.
So I got in the pond to get it all out.

CRUNCH, CRUNCH, CRUNCH!
The bottom of the pond is covered in snails!!!

Now our pump just died.
The big question is when we pull it out are we going to
find snails in it and all the plumbing??

Stay tuned.

kathy :-)
algae primer