Old 25-07-2004, 07:02 PM
Ka30P

Default filter cleaning

Kristen wrote Just wondering if there was a general rule of thumb for how
often to clean
out the pond filter.

Another thing is to watch the *ewww du pond* smell. If it is bad, you need to
clean earlier. If it smells like fresh river water you're okay and watching the
spitter is a good indication.

kathy :-)
algae primer
Old 26-07-2004, 08:02 AM
Ka30P

When we had mechanical media in our upflow filter we used black vinyl
screening.
It never went bad.
It did gunk up and last fall I had seepage over the back of the filter.
This year I didn't put it in and when the filter drained after the pump died
there was no gunk down there...
which means it is in the pond and we'll have more to clean out next spring.

kathy :-)
algae primer

* FREE * Classified Ads for Vacuums ,Carpet Cleaning equipment, and Carpet Cleaning Vans and Vehicles Classifieds Webmaster Lawns 1 19-08-2004 12:43 PM
cleaning canister filter Barry Ponds 6 11-09-2003 02:39 AM
Bio-max vs nitrate PMDD was filter cleaning schedule... NetMax Freshwater Aquaria Plants 0 22-05-2003 05:08 PM
Power filter media cleaning question RifRaf Freshwater Aquaria Plants 5 20-04-2003 06:14 AM
Cleaning Tetra cannister filter??? Barry Ponds 3 10-04-2003 05:08 AM