Old 20-07-2004, 01:03 AM
2pods

Default Pond Lighting

Our first pond is a raised patio job
www.katzsisters.com , and I'm wondering how to light it ?

Most of the pool lights have "indoor" transformers, when I'd prefer an
outdoor version. Also because the pond is so small, I'd obviously prefer
something to match.
Any suggestions ?

Peter

Old 20-07-2004, 02:03 AM
Go Fig

In article , 2pods
wrote:

Our first pond is a raised patio job
www.katzsisters.com , and I'm wondering how to light it ?

Most of the pool lights have "indoor" transformers, when I'd prefer an
outdoor version. Also because the pond is so small, I'd obviously prefer
something to match.
Any suggestions ?

Peter

Pondmaster makes the best free standing light with an outdoor
transformer. It uses 4 screws vs twist on. They have a better gasket
then most too and a 18ft cord, which is most important.

jay
Mon Jul 19, 2004

Old 20-07-2004, 08:03 PM
~ jan JJsPond.us

Our first pond is a raised patio job
www.katzsisters.com , and I'm wondering how to light it ?

Very nice start to the addiction. On your web page your remark, "I still
think there's room for another pool".

Well yeah! Who coined the saying around here of, "A lawn is but a pond
waiting to happen"? I'd get rid of the rockery, though cute, and all the
grass and start digging seriously. ;o) ~ jan

See my ponds and filter design:
http://users.owt.com/jjspond/

~Keep 'em Wet!~
Tri-Cities WA Zone 7a
To e-mail see website
Old 20-07-2004, 08:03 PM
Benign Vanilla

"~ jan JJsPond.us" wrote in message
Our first pond is a raised patio job
www.katzsisters.com , and I'm wondering how to light it ?

Very nice start to the addiction. On your web page your remark, "I still
think there's room for another pool".

Many of my friends have suggested I just build a berm around my property,
put an island in the middle and fill the rest with water. I am working on
the plans, now.

BV.

Old 22-07-2004, 02:10 AM
Sean Dinh

What? Still trying to get rid of you pest problem by building a moat?

Benign Vanilla wrote:

Many of my friends have suggested I just build a berm around my property,
put an island in the middle and fill the rest with water. I am working on
the plans, now.

BV.

Lighting Question -length and interrupted lighting JHudson Freshwater Aquaria Plants 3 13-12-2003 06:32 AM
Pond lighting Dave Bell Ponds 4 11-10-2003 01:22 AM
pond lighting Barry Ponds 1 10-09-2003 11:30 PM
pond lighting Karen Mullen Ponds 3 26-08-2003 05:43 AM
Lighting in Koi Pond questions Carl Beyer Ponds 5 11-04-2003 08:08 PM