Old 26-07-2004, 08:34 PM
Bill Spohn

Default Calling all Canucks - sign in please

Just out of curiosity how many of us are here are Canucks?

Me.
Old 26-07-2004, 09:02 PM
San Diego Joe

"elaine" wrote:

Just out of curiosity how many of us are here are Canucks? I have
"inherited" a 15'x21'~3.5deep pond along with my new man and am trying to
figure out how to make the pond better. Being up in the "north country"
(winters start in October some years and can get as cold as -32c with 3-4'
of snow) some of the wonderful stuff I read here just doesn't apply to my
situation. So I was wondering if there might be someplace I could ALSO go to
with info that might work for me. How I envy all of you that can have ponds
all year long, but now that I have one of my own I intend to try and make it
the best I can. Anyway that was probably MORE than enough info for now,
looking forward to perhaps seeing some responses.

Elaine

I'm an expatriate Canuck, eh. Tooooo cold in Saskatchewan so I moved to San
Diego. Going to visit the giant mosquitoes next week though. My folks have a
small pond there, but they drain it and move their fish inside.

San Diego Joe
4,000 - 5,000 Gallons.
Goldfish, a RES named Colombo and an Oscar.

Old 26-07-2004, 09:02 PM
Bill Spohn

Old 26-07-2004, 11:02 PM
Ka30P

Born and raised for the most part, live in SE WA, USA now. When we lived in
Canada we always lived on salt water (British Columbia) so my Canuk water
experience doesn't count. (North Van and Ocean Falls - you never know who
you'll run into on line, eh?)

kathy :-)
algae primer
Old 26-07-2004, 11:03 PM
Bill Stock

"elaine" wrote in message
.. .
Just out of curiosity how many of us are here are Canucks? I have
"inherited" a 15'x21'~3.5deep pond along with my new man and am trying to
figure out how to make the pond better. Being up in the "north country"
(winters start in October some years and can get as cold as -32c with 3-4'
of snow) some of the wonderful stuff I read here just doesn't apply to my
situation. So I was wondering if there might be someplace I could ALSO go

with info that might work for me. How I envy all of you that can have

ponds
all year long, but now that I have one of my own I intend to try and make

it
the best I can. Anyway that was probably MORE than enough info for now,
looking forward to perhaps seeing some responses.

Elaine

Me too eh.

I brought the fish in last winter, problem is they never left. I'm afraid
their new cousins in the pond are staying outside this year. I'll have to
invest in a heater or bubbler to keep a small hole in the ice open during
the winter to prevent build up of toxic gasses. I'll likely have to cover up
the pond somehow too, as the neighbour's tree really mucked up the water
last fall. Problem is the leaves are to small for any pond netting I've
seen.

Old 26-07-2004, 11:03 PM
Gale Pearce

Yup - I'm from up north - well sort of, any way - Sun Parlor - 35 mi east of
Windsor
Gale :~)

Old 26-07-2004, 11:14 PM
Janet

Canadian here but I may not be around much for the next little bit... A huge
family tragedy that has left us all numb after witnessing the effects of
insanity. Because I know we have lots of inquiring minds here I will say
that my brother in law murdered my Mother on Friday.... (
Janet in overcast Niagara Falls

--

.. .

Old 26-07-2004, 11:22 PM
Ka30P

Oh, Janet,
Very, very sorry to hear that and
will keep good thoughts for you.

kathy :-)
algae primer

Old 27-07-2004, 12:11 AM
Ka30P

Old 27-07-2004, 01:03 AM
San Diego Joe

"Janet" wrote:

Canadian here but I may not be around much for the next little bit... A huge
family tragedy that has left us all numb after witnessing the effects of
insanity. Because I know we have lots of inquiring minds here I will say
that my brother in law murdered my Mother on Friday.... (
Janet in overcast Niagara Falls

Janet,
Oh, no. That's just awful. Please accept my condolences. Our thoughts are
with you.

Joe

Old 27-07-2004, 06:02 AM
Karen Mullen

Oh Janet,

I'm so sorry, what a tradegy, you are in our prayers.

Karen
Zone 5
Ashland, OH
http://hometown.aol.com/kmam1/MyPond/MyPond.html