Old 28-07-2004, 11:03 AM

Default converting gunite pool into pond

We live in AZ. We have a 15,000 gallon gunite pool we would like to
convert into a pond. We are not necessarily interested in special
fish, but more in getting rid of the pool while retaining the
structure so the next owners could redo, with money and work, into a
pool again. We would also like something that could partly be covered
by a deck as the pool occupies about the middle third of a smallish
back yard. The simplier the conversion the better. Are there how-to
books or people who can help us with knowledge and experience?
Thanks, Casey
Old 28-07-2004, 11:04 AM
Ka30P

This is a good resource
http://www.koivet.com/html/articles/...article_id=136

kathy :-)
algae primer
Old 28-07-2004, 12:05 PM
~ jan JJsPond.us

This site may be more than what you had in mine, but who knows?
http://kilk.com/pond/ ~ jan

Old 28-07-2004, 05:04 PM
how

Hi,
This one is a gunite pool that was converted and then a Marcite finish
applied. http://pondworld.com/pool2pond.html We built a number of chambers
in the pool and used these for settle tank, aeration, brushes, bio filter,
veggie filter and skimmer. Most of the basins are under decking and are not
exposed to the sun. The link in Jan's post uses sand bags and I think you
could use these for the partitions as they could be removed if someone
actually wanted a pool again. I can post some pics of the construction to
show how these basins fit into the pond if that would help. This pond is
clear to the bottom at 5.75 feet and has been running since December 1999.
If I can answer any questions on this let me know here or Email.
HTH -_- how
no NEWS is good

building gunite koi pond ~Roy~ Ponds 14 29-03-2005 08:49 PM
converting gunite pool into pond Ka30P Ponds 2 22-07-2004 10:03 AM
Converting Lawn Into Planting Beds AuralFeast Gardening 7 08-05-2003 05:32 PM
Converting a lawn into a garden topher Gardening 14 08-05-2003 12:20 PM
gunite pond [email protected] Ponds 3 25-04-2003 04:08 PM