Old 03-08-2004, 11:12 PM
bluegill phil

Default chickens love pond salad

I started getting overrun by floating pond plants so I started feeding
it to my chickens.Now they beg for it. Its so hot here that I think it
must be very refreshing. My peasants are in with the pond so they help
themselves. The peasants are good birds and dont destroy the pond. If
I let the chickens in it wouldnt last till tomorow. The order of their
favorites: First the frogbit goes. Then the fairy moss. Then the fight
for the hornwort and anarachis grass starts.
I once tilled and planted with ryegrass a spot that was 50 square
ft. When the grass came up I put 1 cochin hen with a peasant chick in
the pin thinking it would give them something to suppliment their
feed. The next day it was completely turned over and there was no sign
of grass or any other form of life except the hen and chick. What I
mean is if you ever think about putting chickens with a pond (even
one) dont.
Old 04-08-2004, 10:50 PM
bluegill phil

So this is where old school teachers crawl off too

On Wed, 04 Aug 2004 13:15:12 -0700, ~ jan JJsPond.us
wrote:

bluegill phil wrote:

I started getting overrun by floating pond plants so I started feeding
it to my chickens.Now they beg for it. Its so hot here that I think it
must be very refreshing. My peasants are in with the pond so they help
themselves. The peasants are good birds and dont destroy the pond.

Love to know where you got some peasants... I could use some to help
take care of the pond, yard and house. *grin*

Susan

I hope you feed the peasants better than billgillphil, else they obviously
eat your pond plants. I'm surprised they did BBQ up his koi too. ;o)
~ jan

~Power to the Porg, Flow On!~

Old 05-08-2004, 05:52 PM
Susan H. Simko

bluegill phil wrote:
So this is where old school teachers crawl off too

School teacher? Don't think so. Just like the wanted poster with my
picture behind the desk at the local ford dealership, I suspect the
school districts feel the same way. BTW, I used to teach the teachers.
*grin* (Intro to computing to faculty members)

I am otoh, proud to be a geek and computer nerd. *grin* I also take
exception to being called old at 42. *big grin* Heck, I think I just
finally figured out what I want to be when I grow up...

Still wanting to know where I can get some peasants of my own. I
promise to feed them so they won't have to resort to eating my plants
and grilling my fish.

Susan
shsimko[@]duke[.]edu
Old 08-08-2004, 02:54 AM