Old 19-08-2004, 12:57 PM
Roy

On Wed, 18 Aug 2004 21:45:21 -0400, "Scott M."
wrote:

===I've seen these at a Flea Market near my home. I'll take a second look at
===them on Sunday!
===
===Scott
===
===
==="Roy" wrote in message
. net...
=== I have been using fake alligators for some time now with quite
=== effective results.........I had tried the fake heron thing
=== before..worked for awhile but so far the alligator thing is doing
=== great.
=== Visit my website: http://www.frugalmachinist.com
=== Opinions expressed are those of my wife,
=== I had no input whatsoever.
=== Remove "nospam" from email addy.
===

Unless you live in an area that may have gators I do not know if using
a fake gator would work. Herons living in Canada or Maine would
probably knot know what a gator was..........but then again Herons
like to be the only thing feeding so it may be sufficient to deter it
from using your pond as a cafeteria.
Old 19-08-2004, 06:37 PM
Andrew Burgess

Unless you live in an area that may have gators I do not know if using
a fake gator would work. Herons living in Canada or Maine would
probably not know what a gator was

To me, that's an argument for getting a _real_ gator :-)

Andy the heron hater

Old 19-08-2004, 08:31 PM
Ka30P

Andy wrote To me, that's an argument for getting a _real_ gator :-)

chortle! I can just imagine a gator exiting my pond and wandering down to the
park here in WA state, eating up those irritating Pomeranians.
Hmmmmmm.

kathy :-)
algae primer

Old 19-08-2004, 08:57 PM
Bob Koerber

Ka30P wrote:

Andy wrote To me, that's an argument for getting a _real_ gator :-)

chortle! I can just imagine a gator exiting my pond and wandering down to the
park here in WA state, eating up those irritating Pomeranians.
Hmmmmmm.

kathy :-)
algae primer

I was sure suprised to find we have a population of Alligators here in
North Alabama. They are in the Tennessee River back-waters which one
creek is less than a mile from the house. Better keep an eye out for
eyes in the big pond!

Bob

http://home.hiwaay.net/~n4bk/index.htm

Old 20-08-2004, 12:21 AM
Roy

On Thu, 19 Aug 2004 14:57:44 -0500, Bob Koerber
wrote:

===Ka30P wrote:
===
===Andy wrote To me, that's an argument for getting a _real_ gator :-)
===
===chortle! I can just imagine a gator exiting my pond and wandering down to the
===park here in WA state, eating up those irritating Pomeranians.
===Hmmmmmm.
===
===
===kathy :-)
===algae primer
===http://hometown.aol.com/ka30p/myhomepage/garden.html
===
===
===I was sure suprised to find we have a population of Alligators here in
===North Alabama. They are in the Tennessee River back-waters which one
===creek is less than a mile from the house. Better keep an eye out for
===eyes in the big pond!
===
===Bob
===
===http://home.hiwaay.net/~n4bk/index.htm

More of them in my area of Alabama.......I have a creek that empties
into the Alabama River and its not uncommon to find gators along the
creek and in the wetland areas, and on occasion I have had a few real
ones on the bank of the stream by the field already. No signs of em
ever being in the pond but if they were in the field they could easily
have been in the pond as well. They just are not a problem here. About
4 years ago they got a 10 footer out of a drainage ditch in downtown
Montgomery......and about a month after that episode they caught
another large gator along the interstate exit to the bypass, after it
came up out of a small creek.

Heron visiting my pond Scott M. Ponds 0 12-08-2004 02:07 PM
[IBC] Visiting Norfolk, VA Tony Busko Bonsai 1 02-07-2003 12:33 AM
[IBC] visiting dignitary Marty Haber Bonsai 0 08-06-2003 01:32 AM
Where to take a visiting gardener? Anne Lurie North Carolina 4 01-05-2003 05:46 PM
Where to take a visiting gardener? Anne Lurie North Carolina 8 01-05-2003 05:46 PM