Old 09-08-2004, 10:16 PM
John

Default How best to fix it

Howdy, experienced ponders, from Fort Worth. Here's my 220 gallon pond
last year, sans fish: http://artships.com/fountain.jpg

Powered by a Little Giant PCL-025 475GPH pump,
http://www.littlegiant.com/littlegia...dLegNum/567636 ,
in the filter box, FMS-20,
http://www.littlegiant.com/littlegia...256b25006d28e9

It was Just Fine when it was all just for looks and little sound. Since
the comets, though... Not so much. Now I want more water going over the
falls, and none of that pea soup, either. And generally clearer water,
without what looks like suspended dust.

According to Little Giant's website, I should be able to connect the
existing pump to a better filter, the PF300,
http://www.pondfiltration.com/pf300.html (it looks to be a Little Giant).
I know I can bump-up the waterfall volume a touch by replacing the hose
with a slightly larger diameter.

My main question is, will the pf300 filter with the 475GPH pump clear-up
the water? Or, should I build a skippy filter into the lowest of the
brownish plant beds? If so, how much more pump will I need to drive it?
1000gph (I'm guessing because 475GPH just doesn't seem like very much)?
Feel free to chime in with, "The best filter is..." and ditto with a pump.

Possibilites abound, paralyzing selection. But you've all been there.

John
*wave* to Gail F.
Old 03-03-2005, 05:31 PM
Registered User

Quote:
Originally Posted by John
[...]

Actually , the Little Giant filter is a a Pond Filtration filter, with the Little Giant name on it. There was a contract with Little Giant to sell PondFiltration filters under thier name. Due to certain circumstances, this is no longer happening. But the Filter is patented by Pond Filtration.

Best way to fix a Pond Leak [email protected] Ponds 5 25-02-2014 10:53 AM
How best to fix it John Ponds 27 20-08-2004 05:54 PM
fix for dying lawn and invasion of weeds? Lil Gardening 4 21-04-2003 05:32 PM
Algae Fix liquid - does it work in a planted tank? m.dekort Freshwater Aquaria Plants 4 20-04-2003 06:20 AM
PJM - Kerria Fix Trish K. Gardening 0 19-03-2003 06:20 PM